X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duxa
    • Jan 2020

Originally posted by John_Dumke
    NEM - The meter was already NEM capable. I think they just "pinged" it and it then it had the capability. It was done in probably less than two weeks from the application being complete. They were very quick. The $14.5k included everything, permits, electrician, tools.... everything. Rebate???? There was no rebate. I did however take a 30% tax credit for 2019. This would have reduced my Federal tax bill by $4,350.
    By rebate I meant the tax credit. Was your 14.5k price after subtracting the tax credit? or after tax credit you were down to ~10k spent?

Comment

• azdave
      • Oct 2014

While you take the time to choose the perfect panel, remember that a lower efficiency panel installed today will very likely gather more overall energy in your lifetime than a higher efficiency panel installed 6 months from now. IMHO, people make far too much of panel efficiencies and warranties (but marketing sure drill that into our heads).

After I made my home and lifestyle as efficient as possible, I purchased a 6.6kW turn-key grid-tie system from a trusted local installer and after all was said and done it came out to $1.68/W. With a few bonus incentives thrown in along the way by the local utility, I'll reach my break-even point this summer in under 6 years.
      Dave W. Gilbert AZ
      6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

• John_Dumke
        • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Duxa

By rebate I meant the tax credit. Was your 14.5k price after subtracting the tax credit? or after tax credit you were down to ~10k spent?
        14.5 is Total Cost, not including the credit.

Originally posted by azdave
        While you take the time to choose the perfect panel, remember that a lower efficiency panel installed today will very likely gather more overall energy in your lifetime than a higher efficiency panel installed 6 months from now. IMHO, people make far too much of panel efficiencies and warranties (but marketing sure drill that into our heads).

After I made my home and lifestyle as efficient as possible, I purchased a 6.6kW turn-key grid-tie system from a trusted local installer and after all was said and done it came out to $1.68/W. With a few bonus incentives thrown in along the way by the local utility, I'll reach my break-even point this summer in under 6 years.
        Yes, well said. Or said another way.... When I cleaned my panels I saw a 15% improvement. So several percentage points of efficiency is inconsequential compared to real world performance.

Comment

• PugPower
          Solar Fanatic
          • Oct 2019

My cost $/Watt after federal and manufacturer rebates was $2.06. This was in 10/19 for a 6.7kW system installed by a professional solar company in San Diego and included a main panel upgrade, 20 LG panels, and a SolarEdge 6,000 inverter. Price before any rebates was approx. 20K including the main panel upgrade which was 2K.

Comment

• solar pete
            Administrator
            • May 2014

Hi All,

These guys have been testing various makes and model panels for more than 10 years, https://www.dka.com.au/activities/dka-solar-centre they used to have a page somewhere that showed daily performance and performance over time of heaps of different panels. There website has changed but I am sure if someone is interested enough and has the time to poke around there website they will find that data. I haven't looked at it for many years now but last time I looked when the graphs were overlayed you couldn't tell which was which as production was so close, cheers.

Comment

Working...