X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shadow758
    • Jun 2011

Looking to Install a 3.2kw Solar Panel System

Hi All,
    I am looking to install a 3.2kw Solar Power system, but it is so confusing.
    The quotes I have received so far range fro AUD$9,000 to AUD$15,000.
    When I google the solar panels there is so much information can anyone simpifiy it as to what I need to actually look for.
    Also the Iverters any s many different types e.g Sunnyboy / Aurora PVI-3600 & Geoprotek GS-3000.
    I live in Perth Australia and with the governmet sceme ending at the end of this month the race is on.
    Can anyone help.

Regards

Shadow758
  • dulcimoo
    • Jun 2011

Why are prices so different?

Just like any thing Solar PV components come in differing quality. It's not easy sometimes to figure out what is best...so go with products that have been around for a while.

Is the technology the same? Systems using a smaller number of more powerful panels may cost a bit more. Systems using micro-inverters may also cost a bit more (depending on system size). Panel tech is also different - Mono, poly, thin film, hybrid.

Has the company been around for a while? Do you think they WILL be around 10 years from now? How many solar installs have they done? Get references and talk to them, or even better visit them.

You are making a long term investment a few 1000 AUD isn't going to make much difference if you can't get the system serviced 2 years from now when your roof leaks, or 15 years from now if you need something else fixed.

Comment

Working...