Solaredge HD-Wave Inverter Firmware updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arf88 View Post
    After you did the upgrade, is it same to assume all the settings prior are preserved and you don't need to setup anything again?
    I have never had any settings change as a result of an upgrade in firmware.

Comment

Thanks that is reassuring. I did the upgrade everything seems to be fine, I should have thought about it before I did the upgrade

Comment

Thanks that is reassuring. I did the upgrade everything seems to be fine, I should have thought about it before I did the upgrade
        Did you do the upgrade to 4.11.30? That's what I found here: https://www.solaredge.com/us/setapp-inverters-firmware

Do you have installers account?

I've been having a lot of issues with the cellular dropping out and not having production data until a day later when it magically reconnects. I'd switch to WiFi but I'm not sure even with the update if the unit only does WiFi for the SetApp and not to report data back. Or will US models now do WiFi for more than SetApp?
        8.6 kWp roof (SE 7600 and 28 panels)

Comment

This is exactly why I did the update, the cell connection was constantly dropping out the my original installer really doesn't care and pay attention to these b/c they have thousands of customers and can care less about me. Normally i'm the one reporting the problems.

I can tell you it fixed the cell drop out issue. I have not had any issues since the update. Yes I have an installer account. Got fed up with my solar company not doing any monitoring.

Comment

If you don't have an installer account you can ask SolarEdge to push it, only they can do it, the installer account itself doesn't have that ability you have to be on site and connect to the inverter but SolarEdge I believe does have the ability on their end to push it.

Comment

If you don't have an installer account you can ask SolarEdge to push it, only they can do it, the installer account itself doesn't have that ability you have to be on site and connect to the inverter but SolarEdge I believe does have the ability on their end to push it.
              Ok, thanks. Now I just have to decide if I want to ask my installation company if they can give me installer account status on my system, or just ask SolarEdge to push it. Given my tech knowledge level and the want to potentially have the higher level of access in case things go wrong down the road, I might just ask to get installer status. But at the same token being less involved in terms of tracking usage to just short of perhaps obsession at my prior house, all I really want to do is catch any issues no later than 24 hours after the fact -- ie I'm pretty sure I'll always be checking daily production.
              8.6 kWp roof (SE 7600 and 28 panels)

Comment

The process is more involved if you want an installer account. Also since your inverter is already registered with your solar company you can't just open an installer account and expect them to be able to transfer those rights to you. There is multiple systems involved and your current installer can't just hand that over. It will take opening a ticket and case to get that process going and even than it is not fast. You might be better of just asking them to come to your house to update it. Also the portal does not give you the level of alerts you would think. I wanted more detailed and finite parameters to set for alerts, forget it, you don't have any of that, you have simple options to turn on and off some alerts. You will actually have more insight if you just look at your daily production or check the inverter itself frankly. You gain the ability to upload firmware, the rest is meh, they really need to add more capability and more fine tuned options for alerts.

Comment

New firmware just released. 4.12.35. No release notes up on their web page yet, and I cannot see any obvious differences.

image_14644.png
                  Last edited by blueman2; 07-22-2021, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Keep us posted, curious what they fixed or broke.

Comment

Just did the update a few minutes ago. Hopefully this resolves the offline comms status at night over cell connection. No response from Solaredge if this is normal or their servers are down for maintenance or it's in the far more after I reach this or an hour the communication oversell stops broadcasting.

But if I do a soft reset sometimes it comes back onltine sometimes it does not and it just picks up the next morning or it waits 24 hours, it's been very odd hopefully this firmware resolves these issues

Comment

Another update for SetApp inverters (without LCD screen): CPU Version 4.14.14. Appears most new features are focused on battery enabled inverters.

Screenshot_20211012-164449.png

Comment

The last firmware has been rock solid, hate to update for no benefit and cause comms issue

Comment

Working...
                          X