Solaredge HD-Wave Inverter Firmware updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solaredge HD-Wave Inverter Firmware updates

I noticed today that Solaredge has released a new firmware 4.7.26 update for HD-Wave inverters. I am currently on 4.7.19. Is there a way for homeowners to update the firmware? I tried logging into the SetApp via view-only mode, but after connecting it did not give me a option to update the firmware.

I spoke with SolarEdge who told me that only the installer could update the firmware and it had to be done on-site. This seems very stupid to me.

Comment

Originally posted by PugPower View Post
      I spoke with SolarEdge who told me that only the installer could update the firmware and it had to be done on-site. This seems very stupid to me.
      SolarEdge can push updates but generally only do it if it is required or installer asks for it.
      OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

The November update was rumored to add native WIFI capabilities for US equipment using the newer SetApp enabled devices (no LCD screen). But I do not see it listed as a new feature. Perhaps December....
        Last edited by blueman2; 11-12-2019, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Register as an installer and update the firmware yourself. It's so simple that it does it automatically once you login to the inverter. I hate when installers `own` the user's system.

Comment

Interestingly, I am not getting the upgrade. I have an installer account and have used SetApp quite a bit to manage my inverter. But SetApp says "no upgrade available' even though I am on .19 and current is .26. Maybe they are slow rolling this out?

Comment

My installer gave me a account for installing the firmware. When I logged into SetApp it said I had a firmware update, when I logged into the inverter it said the firmware was up to date, even though I am still on 4.7.19 and the latest is 4.7.26.

Comment

Originally posted by PugPower View Post
                My installer gave me a account for installing the firmware. When I logged into SetApp it said I had a firmware update, when I logged into the inverter it said the firmware was up to date, even though I am still on 4.7.19 and the latest is 4.7.26.
                Yes, you and I are seeing the same thing. Either they have a bug, or more likely, they are doing controlled release and somehow (probably by serial number) limiting the release. Given some of their past issues with poor firmware, probably not a bad idea.

Comment

Is there a web page or document to see all of the revision notes for each version over the last year or more? I'd love to see what's change between my 3yr old firmware (non-HD) and the current version.

Of course my Inverter works perfectly, so I probably shouldn't touch it (knock on wood).

Comment

Originally posted by JSchnee21 View Post
                    Is there a web page or document to see all of the revision notes for each version over the last year or more? I'd love to see what's change between my 3yr old firmware (non-HD) and the current version.

Of course my Inverter works perfectly, so I probably shouldn't touch it (knock on wood).
                    For newer (no display) inverters, here is the link:

https://www.solaredge.com/us/setapp-inverters-firmware

Also has link to other models. In general, your thinking on firmware is correct. Do not update unless the new version has a feature you really need. In other words, don't fix what ain't broke.

Comment

Thank you, yes. But I believe that link (and the corresponding on for non-SetApp inverters with screens -- https://www.solaredge.com/service/firmware) only seem to list the most current version. But perhaps I'm missing a deeper link?

What I'd like to see is a list of changes, over time, from version to version. Like you would typically find in a software release notes or version history document. This way you can see what was changed, when, overtime, and sometimes why.

Comment

Ah, right. No, I have found no way to find the history of changes. They seem to hide that pretty effectively.

Comment

Well, I guess SolarEdge does push the firmware in waves. I just got the new firmware on my SetApp phone app (I could tell because when I started the app, it said 'downloading firmware'. I then connected to my SE5000H and it upgraded from 4.7.19 to 4.7.26. But still no native WiFi for these SetApp boxes yet. Europe and AP have it, but there must be some issues with US FCC approvals.

Screenshot_20191117-163431_SetApp.jpgScreenshot_20191117-163914_SetApp.jpg

Comment

I also updated my HD-Wave Inverter to 4.7.26 yesterday via SetApp.

Comment

After you did the upgrade, is it same to assume all the settings prior are preserved and you don't need to setup anything again?

Comment

Working...
                              X