X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove and remount for reroofing

Anybody with a guesstimate on a fair price for the removal and replacing of a 22 panel Enphase micro inverter system. The roof is composition shingle with very little slope. Two rows of eleven. I regret NOT including this detail in the original contract. I am in N. California

My father-in-Law in Marin County (N California) had his house re-roofed last summer and was quoted $7,000 to remove 23 panels and reinstall them. The funny thing was he knew he needed a roof but the solar salesman promised (probably in word only) they would remove and replace for free when the time came.

It was a lot of work to remove 23 panels, it was a good part of a day. To reinstall he hired one worker from the solar company to help me (or rather for me to help him) and it took a day and a half to reinstall. When done I was thinking 7 grand wasn't such a bad deal!

Comment

If you can coordinate with the roofer so you can stage the panels and racking on another portion of the roof you might save the cost of going up and down the ladder. Leave the micro inverters on the rail. I had 16 panels, rails and micro inverters removed in half a day with one skilled solar guy and a helper for less than $1000 in Southern California. That was $0.25 per Watt. It will probably depend on where in N Cal.
      9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

hopefully you replace it with a METAL roof, they are much better on a low slope roof. Unplug the power at night when the solar panels are not making any electricity and then the next day get on a ladder and remove them. cheapest labor will be your own! reinstalling is nothing more than screwing them back on and pluggin in the wires. Not that hard on a low slope roof.

Comment

khanh dam I am not opposed to doing the work assuming it's as simple as you describe. However, would that not void any type of warranty associated with the system?

Comment

talk to the warranty provider then how would I know?

Comment

Working...
            X