X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alipiama
    • Sep 2021

It's not a bad idea. You'll have free electricity, operating without the general power grid, where interruptions are expected. My friends who recently designed their house told me that the approximate payback period will be 5-7 years, depending on the region and the type of your mini plant. Just the price of solar panels in five years has fallen many times and continues to fall. The minuses remain the high cost of a complete set of an alternative power plant and the relatively low ratio of cheaper types. However, you can decide to install it yourself and save up to 10% on the necessary components.

Please do not include links to other websites unless you first get permission.
    Last edited by SunEagle; 11-04-2021, 06:57 PM. Reason: removed real estate link

Comment

• AmitBajpayee
      Banned
      • Jun 2017

Installing Solar Panel for residential houses definitely increase your property values as compared to the market competitors.
      When you are planning to sell out your home customers will definitely find your home more valuable than other options. They act as a small power plant for your home.
      Hence installing a solar power plant for your home will surely impact your home resale value.

To know more about solar power systems you can explore the various options available in the market.

Last edited by AmitBajpayee; 12-02-2021, 06:38 AM.

Comment

• J.P.M.
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by AmitBajpayee
        Installing Solar Panel for residential houses definitely increase your property values as compared to the market competitors.
        When you are planning to sell out your home customers will definitely find your home more valuable than other options. They act as a small power plant for your home.
        Hence installing a solar power plant for your home will surely impact your home resale value.

To more about solar power systems you can

Please do not include links to other solar web sites in your post without first getting permission from the Admin.
        Given the way prices have dropped for new stuff, and with existing installers going out of business, seems to me the value that a, say 5 - 10 yr. old PV system sized to someone else's load would potentially add to a single family home is roughly comparable to the value added to the home if a 5 - 10 yr. old Buick were to be thrown in to sweeten the deal, That is, not much unless you believe a 5-10 yr. old Buick has lasting value. But beauty/value is in the eye of the beholder.

I've got an 8 yr. old system on my roof. Its performance is very well documented, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't add to the perceived value of the property, unless I B.S. the agents and potential buyers - something very easy to do after all the brainwashing done by the greenwash media and shills like you.

FWIW, given what I think I might know and what I know I've seen installers do, I wouldn't consider any house with existing PV on it unless that PV was removed or the value of the removal and any required repair was deducted from the offering price.

Most folks are too ignorant of PV to take a chance on believing what equally solar ignorant real estate slugs try to sell their marks.

Caveat Emptor.

Comment

Working...