X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Poway
    • Feb 2015

SolarEdge Monitoring Logical/Physical String Does not match Actual Strings

Everything works ok but just noticed that monitoring (online) at the panel level (had only looked at system level previously) shows an additional short string (only 4 panels)

1) Is this a problem? Has been working this way with full power out and a string that short would not work (according to inverter spec as would need to be min of 6 long)
    2) Note that the 3 actual strings are merged in a box external to the SolarEdge inverter.

If it is just a panel level monitoring thing then I don't really care.
    Do I need to go to the installer to correct or does it only effect panel level monitoring.

Thanks
  • Poway
    • Feb 2015

To clarify the panels that show up in online monitoring as part of the short string are actual panels (just part of the longer strings)

Comment

• ButchDeal
      Solar Fanatic
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Poway
      Everything works ok but just noticed that monitoring (online) at the panel level (had only looked at system level previously) shows an additional short string (only 4 panels)

1) Is this a problem? Has been working this way with full power out and a string that short would not work (according to inverter spec as would need to be min of 6 long)
      2) Note that the 3 actual strings are merged in a box external to the SolarEdge inverter.

If it is just a panel level monitoring thing then I don't really care.
      Do I need to go to the installer to correct or does it only effect panel level monitoring.

Thanks
      installer should be setting up the logical strings.
      what size system do you have that it has 3 strings?
      OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• Poway
        • Feb 2015

40 panel system... If the logical strings on the online monitoring tool are shown wrong but the system is working correctly ... is it a problem? From other posts I know that the online physical layout can be incorrect and not be an issue.

Comment

• ButchDeal
          Solar Fanatic
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Poway
          40 panel system... If the logical strings on the online monitoring tool are shown wrong but the system is working correctly ... is it a problem? From other posts I know that the online physical layout can be incorrect and not be an issue.
          It is not a problem if you know that the system is installed correctly with correct string lengths
          Last edited by ButchDeal; 07-09-2019, 08:46 AM.
          OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• Poway
            • Feb 2015

Thanks... I do know the strings are correct... just the online monitoring has it messed up ... Thanks

Comment

• DrLumen
              Solar Fanatic
              • Aug 2017

Installer did the same here. 1 string with 28 panels in the monitoring app instead of 1 @ 16 and 1 @12. All still works fine but it would be nice to be able to report from the different strings (1 string south, 1 string west).

Another thing, the incorrect string layout seems to affect the 'Module Mismatch Analysis' report. At least I think that is what is causing my 'mismatches'. Like the west string panels are compared to the south string and since they don't match at most times, it causes the 'errors'. No loss really just a weird side effect in a fairly useless report.

Comment

Working...