• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ampster
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by PCERoman
    Hello @crazycorkey

Did you ever get to installing your NEM aggregation project? I have a similar installation within San Diego area (SDG&E) and was wondering how your experience with it has been so far. If you have a chance to share with me your notes, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
    I responded on your other thread about my existing NEM Agg experience. I have not yet added more solar which would have added the tenants to additional NEM Agg accounts.

The EV charging hit a snag because there are demand charges on those meters meters are not offset by solar generation. I am looking into adding adding an additional meter just for EV charging on a special commercial EV charging rate that does not have the demand charges. At the time of that post I had 3 tenants that had EVs, but now only one, and I limited them to 15 Amps to reduce the demand charges.
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• PCERoman
      • Feb 2020

@Ampster,

You are correct: I have read your responses. I was trying to also reach @crasycorkey to see if his experience with NEM Agg is similar to mine in SDG&E's realm.

The NEM Agg programme is generally a good idea if properly set up. It shouldn't be difficult to implement, yet from your posts and those of others it is not always properly administered by the power provider. If your provider (SCE, correct?) can properly handle additional meter for the EV charging, that would certainly the most sense to handle variable demand charges.

Cheers.

Comment

• PCERoman
        • Feb 2020

I was going to do NEM-ST Aggregation with one Solar system. I guess I could do one system for the front house and one system Aggregation for the back three units. I’m not sure what it would get me.
        I do have some confusion about Aggregation. A different vendor told me that the true up is monthly so I’d really want to oversize the system for the summer months but emailing SDGE it sounds like a percentage of the generation is allocated to each unit based on the usage that month but if there was over generation it would still carry forward for each unit until the annual true up.
        Did you ever managed to install your NET Aggregation system? I do have similar installation within SDG&E jurisdiction, and I wanted to compare your experience. I can certainly attest that the true-up is annual, not monthly. SDG&E does try to proportion energy across your meters. Supposedly SDG&E does carry forward generation credits until the true-up, but any excess credit is lost - that is actually per the State Assembly Bill. And so, you might want to just barely undersize your system and just pay small (hopefully small) difference at the end of each year. This is how I sized my system.

That all being said, their billing is quite confusing. Let me know how it is working for you.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...