X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleharbor
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2016

[QUOTE=
    2nd I was checking out your shopping list but apparently those micro inverters say that they're meant to work with 60 cell panels. Those q cell duos have 120 cells. Idk if this matters or not but it might be worth looking into if you're going to have a problem or not.
    [/QUOTE]

The 120 cells are like a pair of 60 cell panels in parallel. Their voltage is the same as typical 60 cell panels in that power range.
    2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

• nsgoldberg
      • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Markyrocks69
      Ok so couple things. 1st I'd like to say if you're installing this on a tile roof... be prepared for a nightmare. I'd definitely have a handful of spare tiles available bc if it's real ceramic you're probably going to break a few. That being said how old is your roof? You may have said that b4 idk

2nd I was checking out your shopping list but apparently those micro inverters say that they're meant to work with 60 cell panels. Those q cell duos have 120 cells. Idk if this matters or not but it might be worth looking into if you're going to have a problem or not.

3rd the xr 100 rails dont list your micro inverters as being compatible with their mounting/bonding kit. This is something else you may want to look into. Maybe enphase has their own mounting kit? I have no idea I may be looking at old documentation. But if it's not "listed" and you get a stickler it might not pass.

4th thing. How long do the rails you are using need to be? I only ask bc if you are using 12ft or 14ft sticks, given the wind speed and snow loads in your area, you could probably use the xr10. If I'm correct and you basically get zero snow and low wind speed?
      Thanks for the in depth look!

1. It's a concrete tile roof, they're fairly robust. However, I do have a small stack of spares, just in case. Not sure on the roof age, but it's in good shape.

2. Didn't catch that, but good to know they'll work.

3. Ironridge sells an Enphase microinverter mounting kit, so I assume they're acceptable... I'll look into it a little more though.

4. I think you're right. We don't get snow here (other than a light dusting), and the county requires a wind load of 95mph. Ironridge has a chart that places the XR10 as all that's required.

Thanks again, appreciate the help!

Comment

Working...