X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billboe
    • Jun 2018

Seraphim Solar Panel Opinions Please

I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a new system (self installed) and wanted to get opinions on the panels. Specifically Seraphim 375W Mono 72 Cell (model #: SEG-6MA-375WW). I was told by renvu that these are made by

Seraphim Energy Group (Chinese) is a separate company from Seraphim USA (American; this organization is defunct as far as I know)
    One little tidbit that I found out (and assume is true) is that if going the SE route, I'll need the P505 optimizers. Renvu kit creator specified the P400 (which seemed reasonable) but the SE Designer only gave the P505 as an option. As I mentioned on another thread, SE customer service seemed to think the designer tool messed up. I then asked Renvu and they got back with this:

Upon checking with one of my colleagues, you are correct. The I_sc temperature coefficient nudges the Isc just over the limit under extreme (high temp) conditions. We will be posting an article shortly explaining the calculation and the need for the P505.
    I think this is similar (not sure if it is the same reason or not) towhat John_Dumke described in his new system thread.

​​​​​​​THANKS!

• billboe
    • Jun 2018

no opinions on this? seems a wee bit strange from this group!

Comment

• ButchDeal
      Solar Fanatic
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by billboe
      no opinions on this? seems a wee bit strange from this group!
      PV modules are pretty much commodity items. It really comes down to the price you can get for them and the level of risk you are comfortable with the stability of the company.
      You seem pretty aware of the situation with the manufacturer and didn't really mention any price so not sure what you want people to comment on.
      OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• billboe
        • Jun 2018

thanks butch... i was mostly looking for opinions on the manufacturer and specs on these particular panels (available on the link in the 1st post and here). i guess i should have been more clear but i was also leaving it open to whatever opinions came...

as for price, i forgot that you don't get prices at renvu until you log in... they are currently selling for $210.53/panel or $0.56/W (for quantities of 26 - 77). they were JUST on sale for $0.47/W.

thanks again!

Comment

• J.P.M.
          Solar Fanatic
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by billboe
          thanks butch... i was mostly looking for opinions on the manufacturer and specs on these particular panels (available on the link in the 1st post and here). i guess i should have been more clear but i was also leaving it open to whatever opinions came...

as for price, i forgot that you don't get prices at renvu until you log in... they are currently selling for $210.53/panel or $0.56/W (for quantities of 26 - 77). they were JUST on sale for $0.47/W.

thanks again!
          Remember that panels are pretty much a commodity these days. The quality and integrity of the installer probably counts for as much or more in getting a safe, fit for purpose installation.

Add: That includes DIY installs.

Comment

Working...