X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QuantumSlice
    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Ampster

Can you clarify how your solar breaker is positioned? I am not sure it is clear when you say "opposite end" that you mean opposite end from the supply end or from the EVSE breaker. Is your solar on a 40 Amp breaker? I assume your EVSE is on a 40 Amp breaker if it is drawing 32 Amps when continously charging.
    Panel 100 AMP breaker is at top, my 40 AMP solar breaker is at very bottom, stradling the load breakers.

I am liking the other option here though, reduce my panel supply of 100 amp to be a 80 amp breaker. Satisfies the regulation i believe, albeit limits the available current to the panel. This is okay for me, the previous owner did some welding so he has an 80 amp load breaker in there. move that 80amp to the top, and run the welding plug with a 40 amp breaker - all my car needs. only need to buy one 40 A breaker hopefully.

Comment

• Spektre
      • May 2015

Originally posted by Ampster

Well, it all depends on where you are standing. I am currently on a 5,000 mile road trip in a Tesla. I am 75 years old and have to pee every 100 miles. Superchargers are conveniently located every 100 or so miles on the Interstate. It only takes 20 minutes to get another 100 miles of range at a slow Supercharger and that is about how long it takes this 75 year old guy to pee. LOL
      TMI dude, Tee Emm Eye...

Comment

Working...