X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TAZ427
    Solar Fanatic
    • May 2018

Switch Flip - Solar Power being generated.

Ok, well the inspection passed today, and we officially flipped the switch on, at about 11:45am PT, was producing about 5.6kW, and netting 4.6kW (Pool pump is running + baseline consumption) to the grid according to the SolarEdge inverter, walked outside the garage to the meter, and it was netting right about the same (with a few Watts.) Had to get back to work, but should get my Metering (including Consumption Metering) all setup tonight so I can get the full detail instead of just panel display output. Then I write the check for the system.

That's slight more than what PV Watts suggested, but it's a nice sunshiney day. Can't wait to get a good bit more data and see if the loss values used were too conservative or not conservative enough.
  • rushclimber
    • Mar 2018

Congrats! Mine is installed but waiting on Duke Power to Come change out the Meter.

Comment

• TAZ427
      Solar Fanatic
      • May 2018

First Partial day generation - 11:45am turn on time. The consumption meter is working great too, you can really see the spikes from the AC unit running, the flatline of the pool pump running at almost 1000W (runs 10am-4pm - from 4-9pm TOU peak rate kicks in.) see it ticks down to about the 210W baseline for a little time, and then I arrive home.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...