X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexasTom
    • May 2018

Well, I hear this all the time..... I do realize that 99% of leases are scams

but once upon a time, 2012 I think it was. my utility oncor was providing rebates and here was the deal I scored on a 20 year lease for a 6.44 kw system

one time only payment by me 3800
    I pay ZERO for any/all electric produced
    they pay for all maint and insurance
    they got all federal benefits

in 20 years they will remove for free if I demand or they can sell or give me the system
    I have a metal roof so not worried about re roofing

my only regret is I did not go to 10kw then. I am now trying to add a second system

Comment

• J.P.M.
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by TexasTom
      Well, I hear this all the time..... I do realize that 99% of leases are scams

but once upon a time, 2012 I think it was. my utility oncor was providing rebates and here was the deal I scored on a 20 year lease for a 6.44 kw system

one time only payment by me 3800
      I pay ZERO for any/all electric produced
      they pay for all maint and insurance
      they got all federal benefits

in 20 years they will remove for free if I demand or they can sell or give me the system
      I have a metal roof so not worried about re roofing

my only regret is I did not go to 10kw then. I am now trying to add a second system
      Them days are gone and they ain't coming back. A couple of posters here got similar sweet deals, but only a couple. Right place - right time sort of thing.

Comment

• TexasTom
        • May 2018

Originally posted by J.P.M.

Them days are gone and they ain't coming back. A couple of posters here got similar sweet deals, but only a couple. Right place - right time sort of thing.
        Exactly why I should have maxed out the size at 10kw. I think they allow 20kw now that it is a worse deal.
        my deal paid for itself in just over 3 years and I was at 10-12 cents a kwh, now I'm at 8 cents kwh but still want to add more solar

Comment

• J.P.M.
          Solar Fanatic
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by TexasTom

Exactly why I should have maxed out the size at 10kw. I think they allow 20kw now that it is a worse deal.
          my deal paid for itself in just over 3 years and I was at 10-12 cents a kwh, now I'm at 8 cents kwh but still want to add more solar
          So, see what's allowed and then contact appropriate folks to make stuff happen.

Comment

Working...