X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nader_obaid
    • Jan 2018

Best inverter to save on grid cost without using batteries

I have been working for almost a year with off-grid solar power systems for commercial offices, however I would like to understand and maybe in the near future install a system in which it would decrease my cost from grid consumption. The idea is to get power from the solar panels to power my house and for any extra power needed it would just take from the grid (I cannot sell to the grid since it is no applicable where I live). During night time I will be using electricity from the grid since there will be no power from the solar. The whole idea is lessen the cost and avoid using batteries since as per my experience they require the most maintenance and of course cost the most when replacing after its life cycle.

Which inverter type (hybrid or grid tie) is best to use for this setup without using batteries at all, and feel free to suggest any device that would benefit in this setup.

Thank you.
  • ButchDeal
    Solar Fanatic
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by nader_obaid
    Which inverter type (hybrid or grid tie) is best to use for this setup without using batteries at all, and feel free to suggest any device that would benefit in this setup.
    you did not mention where you are or the requirements, which could change the costs around a bit.

hybrid inverters work with batterys

Your only choice is grid tie if you don't want batteries.

There are several that can do grid tie with zero feed in.
    SMA, Fronius, SolarEdge, and enphase can all do it, with various amounts of extra equipment to handle the monitoring.

SolarEdge would be my suggestion.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• azdave
      • Oct 2014

Search solar sites using the term "grid-assisted" and you will find more options (some legal, some downright dangerous). That is the term that seems to be more common to describe a PV system that reduces your demand from the grid but does not back feed the grid or necessarily use battery storage on site.
      Dave W. Gilbert AZ
      6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

Working...