Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunnyboy SMA inverter to Sunnyportal connect error

Hi ,

I have a SMA SB7.7-1SP-US-40 inverter and it is registered in the sunnyportal website.

Since Jan 2nd, the inverter is not able to connect to the sunnyportal website and send data over.

The inverter is connected to my wifi and has a valid IP address and I can use that to login into the inverter.

The error log has these -

10349 Webconnect error: No reply to SIP option packs Jan 2, 2018 12:13:26 PM
    10350 Webconnect error: Registration rejected by SIP registrar Jan 2, 2018 12:08:36 PM
    10345 Webconnect error: No reply to DNS request proxy.ied.sma.d Jan 1, 2018 1:14:46 AM

Could this be an issue with the inverter gateway or Sunnyportal ?
    Anyone else face the same issues with sunnyportal connectivity ?

SMA's wifi connectivity has been problematic since it was introduced in the latest model earlier in 2017. We always have trouble making use of the inverter wifi as the security measures are so strict (the inverter is hooked to the grid and Homeland Security has mandates about that). Make sure your inverter has the latest version of firmware which is available on the SMA website and downloadable to the inverter via a usb stick. The SMA wifi also has a fairly weak signal and often times needs the external antenna option or a repeater to reach a home's router. I would have your installer deal with the issue as they are the only ones SMA tech support will talk to. All in all, I have nothing but trouble with internet connectivity via wifi - but if you run a Ethernet hardwire its a cinch.
    BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

Thanks for the info. My wifi shows 80% signal strength in the inverter. The problem seems to be the gateway connecting the inverter to sunnyportal.

It was working fine since install (6 months ago) and just started having issues this week, though I have been getting the "Registration rejected by SIP registrar"
      error often. The other errors are new.

I will contact my installer next week.

Comment

Originally posted by solarix View Post
        SMA's wifi connectivity has been problematic since it was introduced in the latest model earlier in 2017. We always have trouble making use of the inverter wifi as the security measures are so strict (the inverter is hooked to the grid and Homeland Security has mandates about that). Make sure your inverter has the latest version of firmware which is available on the SMA website and downloadable to the inverter via a usb stick. The SMA wifi also has a fairly weak signal and often times needs the external antenna option or a repeater to reach a home's router. I would have your installer deal with the issue as they are the only ones SMA tech support will talk to. All in all, I have nothing but trouble with internet connectivity via wifi - but if you run a Ethernet hardwire its a cinch.
        Ditto, we have basically dropped the new range of SMA wifi inverters as the wifi component is just plain flakey crap, we get hundreds of web connect errors everyday, so we have shifted to Fronius and are much happier, please note we still use the STP range ( 3 phase) of inverters, the new wifi range we get in OZ for the first time has been built in China, go figure.

Comment

BTW, the connection fault got rectified by itself around 3 AM PST today.

I am guessing it was some kind of issue on the sunnyportal side and they finally fixed it after the New year holidays in Germany

Comment

Working...
          X