X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maximus96
    • Sep 2017

With a 6,615W system, what is the realistic power production?

I got my monitoring portal running on thursday evening. I checked it constantly yesterday and the "current power" seems to level out around 5kW or slightly higher. What is the real world expectation for a 6.6kW system? Thanks

edit: My inverter is the SE5000H. I guess i shouldn't expect more than 5KW anyways. solar.JPG
    Last edited by maximus96; 10-14-2017, 01:46 PM.
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

System output is a function of many variables. If you get familiar with something called PVWatts, plug in your system, use the hourly output option and look for clear day output near any date or time of year you want to get a SWAG of your system's clear day output.

Comment

• kb58
      • Sep 2017

Short answer: probably

The panel rating is under perfect conditions, which means you won't see it until June 21, with perfectly positioned panels and no shading. And yeah, a 5kw inverter will cap the output at 5kw.
      Last edited by kb58; 10-14-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• ButchDeal
        Solar Fanatic
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by maximus96
        I got my monitoring portal running on thursday evening. I checked it constantly yesterday and the "current power" seems to level out around 5kW or slightly higher. What is the real world expectation for a 6.6kW system? Thanks

edit: My inverter is the SE5000H. I guess i shouldn't expect more than 5KW anyways. solar.JPG
        With a 5kw inverter you will not see more than 5kw at any time. It looks like yours is all east facing. If you look a little latter in the day or in a previous day you likely will see a flat line a little latter in the day at 5kw production.
        OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• J.P.M.
          Solar Fanatic
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by kb58
          Short answer: probably

The panel rating is under perfect conditions, which means you won't see it until June 21, with perfectly positioned panels and no shading. And yeah, a 5kw inverter will cap the output at 5kw.
          A better short answer is probably not. Why June 21st ?

If the OP is in the mid latitudes and has a reasonably close to optimally oriented array, and 2 pieces of information yet to be verified, it's unlikely that June 21st will be the best production day unless the array is at close to horizontal. Most are not.

Comment

Working...