X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MABPHX
    • Oct 2017

Question about connection errors

I have a question regarding my solar system. In my daily log book I have entries that sometimes say Reconnection Fault Grid. On these days I can see that the system does not start energy generation till sometimes as late as 9:30am. When I compare these days to other days I can clearly see that the energy generated was lower by 1 -3 KWH. My solar company is telling me that the system is still generating energy. If I go to the inverter all the numbers are zero. It would makes sense to me if they were not zero that the system has been generating power which had not yet been transferred to the electric company. I have only had the system a year and by no means am I an expert. Is the company being truthful? Normally I am not a cynic but this has happened 5 times in 15 days now and I am getting worried.
    Thank you very much,

Michael in Phoenix
  • max2k
    • May 2015

Originally posted by MABPHX
    I have a question regarding my solar system. In my daily log book I have entries that sometimes say Reconnection Fault Grid. On these days I can see that the system does not start energy generation till sometimes as late as 9:30am. When I compare these days to other days I can clearly see that the energy generated was lower by 1 -3 KWH. My solar company is telling me that the system is still generating energy. If I go to the inverter all the numbers are zero. It would makes sense to me if they were not zero that the system has been generating power which had not yet been transferred to the electric company. I have only had the system a year and by no means am I an expert. Is the company being truthful? Normally I am not a cynic but this has happened 5 times in 15 days now and I am getting worried.
    Thank you very much,

Michael in Phoenix
    You might get better response if you provide more details on your system- number and model # of panels, inverter model # and the way you connect to it and the way it connects to the monitoring site. It's hard to state anything based on info you provided so far.

In general inverter cannot keep generated energy around, it can only keep information about the energy generated and upload it to some central monitoring site when it is able to connect to it. Your connection failures could be related to something else, not necessarily networking issues but again hard to say without much details.

Comment

Working...