X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tyab View Post
    Wow - what is going on with those frequencies? I wonder if someone is running a generator and it is backfeeding the grid in your neighborhood from the power outage?
    Might be time to call the PoCo and tel them that your solar system is shutting down and reporting high frequency and see if they will check it out.
    About your layout - call the contractor that installed it and have a chat about with those S280's, you can't have more than 14 on a single branch - this is clearly called out in the installation manual.
    And while I doubt they did it - enphase also recommends center feeding long branches to significantly reduce the resistance losses.

https://enphase.com/sites/default/fi...e_TB_EN_US.pdf
    I've notified the installer and he's agreed that wiring over 14 S280's on a circuit was a mistake and has indicated that he will correct it. Of course I've been waiting for months for them to come back and correct an issue with my tilt mounts, so we will see.

So I went up on the roof today and swapped a good inverter from one array with a bad inverter from another array. The good one still worked on the new array and the bad one still shows no voltage in the location that good one used to be at. So it appears that if I do have a voltage/frequency problem, it only affects some of the microinverters. Is this possible? Or maybe my bad inverters are just misreporting the incoming voltage and frequencies?
    Last edited by nilknarf; 10-13-2017, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Prior to your installer coming back I would visually check every wire connection myself. Flick off the breakers for the system, and then start from those breakers and follow the wire, opening up every junction box (use a volt meter as a sanity check to make sure you got all the breakers prior to touching any wire). Look at how any wire splicing or combination is done. If they are wire nuts - are they wet rated wire nuts - they should be. Are all the connections snug, are the EGC's all solid. Spend as much time as you can doing this so you know the level of job done by the installer. Take pictures and notes of anything you either don't understand or find questionable, personally I would take pics of the inside of every junction box so you have a baseline. If possible note down the wire gauge of all the wires that feed into the enphase cable and if possible that wire run distance. The wire should be something like THHN/THWN-2 and I would guess 10 gauge.This will allow you to compute the total wire resistance losses and see if your system is under 2%.

Talk to the folks at Renvu and see what they say about the Siemens warranty and see what they recommend at this point. Given that you switched those two and the problem followed the micro they may be damaged in some manner as surprising as that may be.

Comment

Working...
      X