X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gcherian
    • Mar 2017

Need help with troubleshooting two panel issues - solaredge

I have 32 panels, wired in 3 strings and commissioned the system about 3 weeks ago. I have been monitoring the output and from my view 2 panels are not producing correctly. These are out in the open field - Ground Mount and no shading issues. I am consistently seeing that these two panels are producing way less. Today's production is below

solar1.jpg

I am thinking 1.2.9 and 1.2.10 is not keeping up with other and was wondering if anyone can provide me what additional reports / charts are needed to understand what is going on. I believe I have the access to run reports and charts for the panels. All the panels are Peimae SG320 72 cell panels. Please let me know how I can figure out what is going on with these panels - I would know more and then call the installer to let them know what kind of corrective steps to take. Thank you very much.

George

Attached Files
  • sensij
    Solar Fanatic
    • Sep 2014

Do you have a public monitoring site for it?

First thing I'd do is replay the instantaneous data throughout the day. Do they consistently underperform, or does it occur only at specific times?

If you have access to "reports", you can look at the panel voltage and current. Voltage will tell you if all the cells are participating in the production, current (especially relative to a neighboring panel) can help tell you if those cells are healthy.

Not every installer does a great job of matching the true layout to what is shown in the portal. It wouldn't hurt to take a walk out by the array and look for tall grass or some other obstruction that could be affecting two panels (not necessarily in the location shown).
    CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• gcherian
      • Mar 2017

I am not sure of the public monitoring - if that is something I can enable I can do it.

This is ground mount - mowed field no grass or any shading that I can observe. I can do a chart of voltage and current for these 2 panels

Comment

• sensij
        Solar Fanatic
        • Sep 2014

You can enable the public account from Admin -> Site Access -> Access Control

SE public.JPG

Comment

• gcherian
          • Mar 2017

Thanks Sensji - I do not have the admin to make it public but I have requested it to my installer. Looking at the panel current and voltage for 3 panels - I am taking 1.2.8, 1.2.9 and 1.2.10 (first is good one and the other is two is producing less)

Attached is the CSV file with the data - If someone can help me interpret the data it would be greatly appreciated.
          File located at http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...98935426058592

Thank you

Comment

• bcroe
            Solar Fanatic
            • Jan 2012

Strings here initially had a couple "no name" panels that worked much of the time, but would go
            into partial bypass mode in strong sun. This caused them to drop voltage by 1/3 or 2/3, check
            yours out. Bruce Roe

Comment

• gcherian
              • Mar 2017

From what I see, the reduced production is consistent all day and all week as far as I can see - I will replay the production during the day and see if I see a mismatch in production during certain time period to focus in and see what is going on.

Comment

• J.P.M.
                Solar Fanatic
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by gcherian
                I have 32 panels, wired in 3 strings and commissioned the system about 3 weeks ago. I have been monitoring the output and from my view 2 panels are not producing correctly. These are out in the open field - Ground Mount and no shading issues. I am consistently seeing that these two panels are producing way less. Today's production is below

solar1.jpg

I am thinking 1.2.9 and 1.2.10 is not keeping up with other and was wondering if anyone can provide me what additional reports / charts are needed to understand what is going on. I believe I have the access to run reports and charts for the panels. All the panels are Peimae SG320 72 cell panels. Please let me know how I can figure out what is going on with these panels - I would know more and then call the installer to let them know what kind of corrective steps to take. Thank you very much.

George
                After seeing if the problem was simple, like shading from a vent or some such easy fix, or a monitoring glitch, I'd simply call the installer, say 2 panels are not performing as the others by a wide margin, and not presume to tell him what the problem is.

Comment

• gcherian
                  • Mar 2017

Guess that is what I will do - let the installer figure it out or replace those two panels.

Thank you and will post the update once I hear from them.

Comment

• sensij
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Sep 2014

Guess that is what I will do - let the installer figure it out or replace those two panels.

I'll be able to look at the data you posted in a couple hours. Knowledge is power, and if you can figure out what is wrong on your own, you don't have to presume to tell anyone anything, just keep it in your pocket unless it is needed.

Comment

• ButchDeal
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Apr 2014

In the data you sent in the CSV, I am not seeing much off.
                      it looks like it is for the day of 9/18
                      This is all Panel data, did you export the optimizer data for the same time period?
                      ChartExport_csv_-_Google_Sheets.jpg
                      OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• sensij
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by ButchDeal

In the data you sent in the CSV, I am not seeing much off.
                        it looks like it is for the day of 9/18
                        This is all Panel data, did you export the optimizer data for the same time period?
                        Yeah, that is really healthy looking output. Was the screenshot you posted above showing results from the same day?

As ButchDeal suggested, you could run the same kind of chart export showing the optimizer data, or also one showing energy and power for each string, which might also show something.

Comment

• gcherian
                          • Mar 2017

OK - so got all the data points (Current, Energy, Module Voltage, Optimizer Voltage, and Power) in one CSV for dates from 14th to 19th. The following is the image view of total for the same time period

solar_1week.JPG

The CSV for the same time period is - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...38782793363818

At this time it is interesting to understand how to troubleshoot and figure out where the problem is.... Thanks everyone in advance.

Comment

• sensij
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Sep 2014

OK - so got all the data points (Current, Energy, Module Voltage, Optimizer Voltage, and Power) in one CSV for dates from 14th to 19th. The following is the image view of total for the same time period

At this time it is interesting to understand how to troubleshoot and figure out where the problem is.... Thanks everyone in advance.
                            That is so weird. The *power* reported by the those panels (in agreement with the voltage and current data) appears fine. It is only the energy counter that is showing the abnormal output. My guess is that all the panels are producing healthy output, and this is just a monitoring/reporting problem.

If you add up the 32 individual energy numbers for the week, you get only 138.2 kWh, while the inverter is reporting 141.5 kWh. The "missing" 3.3 kWh comes from the panels that haven't accurately reported their energy output. (Normally, the panel sum is slightly *greater* than what the inverter reports)

Comment

• gcherian
                              • Mar 2017

Nice catch on the total disparity - interesting...

Comment

Working...