Pulled the trigger on Solar in Dallas, Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanKegel View Post

Looking forward? You mean you have a free battery, but you're getting solar now and thinking of adding the battery later?

Why not get the battery now to avoid problems like "oops, you need to replace your inverter"? That's not unlikely given the model of inverter you mentioned.
    Hi DanKegel .. Yeppers. I'm a Model X owner. Tesla has referral programs for owners... One of the awards I've earned is a Powerwall 2 (screenshot attached from the referral program).

We dont immediately have access to awards from the referral programs... the carryon luggage came 8 months after that referral program ended for example.

It looks like the SolarEdge SE7600A is compatible with the AC version of the Powerwall 2. (but with an additional DC-AC-DC conversion I think). So, I dont think there will be a need to replace the inverter, but perhaps some additional hardware with the installation rather than just connecting a DC version of the Powerwall to the StorEdge version of the inverter.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sensij View Post

Although there is no longer a partnership, I think the DC coupled version of the powerwall (supposedly still available in the USA, but discontinued elsewhere) with the storedge inverter is a better choice than any of the AC coupled options I've heard of. If the OP has any say in what the configuration will be, it wouldn't hurt to build now with that end state in mind.
      That was my hope, but I'm not sure. Tesla Energy didnt know when I tried to check.... I'm hedging my bet that the installation allowance from Tesla with an AC version of the Powerwall 2 would mitigate the risk of having a sunk in cost buying a StorEdge inverter and then Tesla only provide an AC version of the Powerwall 2.

Comment

Originally posted by majorcuddles View Post

That was my hope, but I'm not sure. Tesla Energy didnt know when I tried to check.... I'm hedging my bet that the installation allowance from Tesla with an AC version of the Powerwall 2 would mitigate the risk of having a sunk in cost buying a StorEdge inverter and then Tesla only provide an AC version of the Powerwall 2.
        There is also the LG CHEM RESU10H battery who's is also compatible with the StorEdge
        OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Working...
        X