X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sensij View Post
    If you are in San Diego (you mentioned Semper Solaris)
    FYI I hear plenty of ads for them here in San Jose area.

[Moderator Note: Thanks! Didn't realize they are all over the state]
    Last edited by sensij; 09-01-2017, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sensij View Post
      If you go with Sunpower, please consider requesting a monitoring system that will allow you to join PVOutput.org and share your data. No better way to prove the doubters wrong than to put your production numbers up against those of your neighbors and see how they hold up over time. If you are in San Diego (you mentioned Semper Solaris), Team San Diego is the place to be.

this is cruel on its own level OP got himself 2 most 'popular' choices around here: SP vs SC. Either one will relieve him of the money excess. He can actually go to PVOutput.org before signing anything and just look around.
      Last edited by max2k; 09-01-2017, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Collaborator View Post
        I have 2 quotes for 6kw (little less for the sunpower)
        $3.40/watt for Panasonic panels (string inverter)
        $3.55/watt for x22 Sunpower with built in MI.

Assuming house in California no shading issues. Does this finally qualify the sunpower haters to say yes to the best? Or should I go with Panasonic?
        Sounds like you have your mind made up. Some call me a SP hater. However, I own a SP system and it's good quality. I did however- long story - know I bought it for reasons other than quality and price. As I have always written, SP is good stuff, just way overpriced for what you get for your money, that is, not as cost effective as other stuff that's equally fit for purpose that's a lot lower in price and of equal quality. For most folks buying SP is a signal to me that they drank the SP koolaid. Suit yourself.

On the other vendor, I'd not let SolarCity give me a system.

Comment

Why is it that nobody here has Renogy solar panels?
          900W, 40A MPPT, 230AH FLA,24V Samlex 1500W

Comment

Renogy seems to be geared more toward the off-grid battery system user. I looked at their site just now and didn't (easily) find grid-tie panels, and when I was shopping for panels for my grid tied system, Renogy was never among the brands listed by the vendors I looked at. Their cost per watt is pretty high compared to the average grid tie panel, which are sold in much greater numbers.
            Last edited by sdold; 09-02-2017, 03:20 PM.

Comment

My votes for micro. But I'd talk them down to $2.50/watt installed. They'll still make a fortune.

Comment

Working...
              X