Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post

Your D.C. Cvoltage seems really high.
    Whenever my system clips, the Vdc jumps from the "nominal" 385 volts to 435 volts. I asked SolarEdge about that, and they said it was normal behavior. What is not normal, is for the power output to go in the opposite direction of the Vdc.

Comment

Originally posted by jpoet View Post

Whenever my system clips, the Vdc jumps from the "nominal" 385 volts to 435 volts. I asked SolarEdge about that, and they said it was normal behavior. What is not normal, is for the power output to go in the opposite direction of the Vdc.

Yeah, I see the same clipping behavior. You could see on my PVoutput page that when my inverter was knocked offline, DC voltage went high too... I think that is normal behavior in that abnormal condition. The 385 voltage would be high for a 5000A inverter, but maybe HD-Wave is tuned higher.

Did you look for errors through the layout page by the method I described a couple posts ago? It seems much more inclusive than any other approach I've tried.
      CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Originally posted by sensij View Post

Yeah, I see the same clipping behavior. You could see on my PVoutput page that when my inverter was knocked offline, DC voltage went high too... I think that is normal behavior in that abnormal condition. The 385 voltage would be high for a 5000A inverter, but maybe HD-Wave is tuned higher.
        Yes, for the HD Wave, 385V is nominal.

Originally posted by sensij View Post
        Did you look for errors through the layout page by the method I described a couple posts ago? It seems much more inclusive than any other approach I've tried.
        Yes. It is not reporting any errors. I wish it was, since that might give me a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by jpoet View Post

Right that is what I am talking about latter in the day as it jumps way up over 400v D.C. And the AC output drops at the same time.
          OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

I sent SolarEdge an email about this on Monday, and just received a response. They suspect the AC voltage fluctuations are due to my POCO. He says:

I did update the inverter's firmware and change its country code in order to widen its voltage tolerances a bit.
            I am supposed to let them know if this happens again.

Edit: It looks like he changed the country code from USA3 to USA5
            Last edited by jpoet; 08-30-2017, 04:32 PM.

Comment

I had a problem where voltage coming in from the grid was too low and tripped the inverter - although it did throw a code. When I initially contacted SCE they tried to say that higher demand in the area in the afternoon (high temps) was causing the voltage to drop but when I pressed it further there was an actual problem with the local substation that they ended up fixing

So take a look at your incoming voltage (charts > inverter > ac voltage) and see how low it is getting. As I recall around 220 causes problems

Comment

Originally posted by Git View Post
                I had a problem where voltage coming in from the grid was too low and tripped the inverter - although it did throw a code. When I initially contacted SCE they tried to say that higher demand in the area in the afternoon (high temps) was causing the voltage to drop but when I pressed it further there was an actual problem with the local substation that they ended up fixing

So take a look at your incoming voltage (charts > inverter > ac voltage) and see how low it is getting. As I recall around 220 causes problems
                When I had the problem on Monday, the Vac hit 250. The charts show that on a typical day, Vac bounces up and down between 240 and 245. Apparently, 250 was enough to cause an issue. It will be interesting to see if the change in country code allows the inverter to survive such a surge in the future.

Thanks for the insight.

Comment

Shouldn't trip until it reaches 264. That's what I was told by SolarEdge support.That's 240 + 10%.

Comment

My AC Voltage has been all over the map this week - It was 256 v at 6 am on the 25th
                    Attached Files

Comment

The AC voltage at the inverter is what causes a HV trip. This will be the highest at your location, more
                      than the PoCo input since your inverter is pushing back. Bruce Roe

Comment

Working...
                      X