X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enphase to pvoutput polling interval

I've had pvoutput.org polling my Enphase for realtime solar generation data for the last few years. The polling interval was every five minutes, and the pvoutput documentation even states the interval as 5 minutes, though the settings page allows for longer intervals.

But starting around July 31, the Enphase data is showing up in pvoutput with 15 minute intervals, so the generation data will be the same for three five minute intervals. I went into the pvoutput settings and saw my setting was at 15 minutes. So I changed it back to 5 minutes, but it doesn't save and just goes back to 15 minutes.

Not a big deal, but did anyone else see the same change in behavior? If you log directly into Enphase Enlighten, they are still storing and showing data at 5 minute intervals.

Folks were complaining about it back to June 30. As far as some ckmplaints, it is still going in even after they supposedly fixed it on some accounts. First item on google "enphase polling change pvoutput 15 minutes": https://forum.pvoutput.org/t/enphase...g-interval/142

see the last few comments even.

Comment

Enphase API that returns intraday data no longer returns unique 5 min data. What they are doing is returning the same 5 minute data for every 15 minute time interval. This is easily duplicated via the API and applies even to the API test account. The result of this is that pvoutput graphs now have a noticeable stair-step on them. The 5 minute data is still displayed via the enlighten graphs. I have not taken the time to write up a complete report on the enphase API forums (it has not really bothered me - the daily results are correct since they are reported by a different API).

Comment

So it just affects the interfaces that use intraday calls and do their own totals, like pvoutput?

Comment

Ah, I missed all the drama earlier! I guess it makes sense that pvoutput changed the minimum polling setting to 15 min as well, as any more frequent polling doesn't actually get anything different.

Comment

Working...
          X