X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpoet
    • May 2017

SolarEdge layout wrong

My installer apparently lost the stickers they pulled off the SolarEdge optimizers. It is obvious which panels belong in which group (east-face, south-face), but right now their arrangement within the group is random. They came back out and tried to see the labels on the optimizers, but claimed the numbers they could see did not correspond to anything useful.

Other than throwing a towel over each panel, and seeing which panel looses production in the SolarEdge monitoring tool, does anyone have a suggestion on how to get the layout correct?

TIA
  • ButchDeal
    Solar Fanatic
    • Apr 2014

If there is a shadow from something like a tree you can track it across the modules
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• jpoet
      • May 2017

Originally posted by ButchDeal
      If there is a shadow from something like a tree you can track it across the modules
      No shading at all. I might be able to rig up a pole, or something, though. That might be easier than going up and down a ladder all day long. I will have to think about that. Thanks.

Comment

• sensij
        Solar Fanatic
        • Sep 2014

Yeah, I used a piece of cardboard to block a couple of cells on each panel successively, combined with some natural shade patterns, to overcome the same problem. If you do it, i'd leave the cardboard on at least 15 min, maybe 20... the amount of time it takes for a panel to report is not deterministic, so you kind of have to over-do it to make sure it shows up.
        CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• jpoet
          • May 2017

Originally posted by sensij
          If you do it, i'd leave the cardboard on at least 15 min, maybe 20... the amount of time it takes for a panel to report is not deterministic, so you kind of have to over-do it to make sure it shows up.
          I was wondering about that. I left it on one panel for 15 minutes, then moved it to another for 15 minutes, then took it off. One panel showed up with a drop, but the next one did not. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...