X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ButchDeal
    Solar Fanatic
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Gworkhorse

Hi, I am new into the PV world with my system installed in mid May '19 with an SE3800H-US. Only days into June this year the inverter stopped working with error code 18xBC. SolarEdge and the local installer claimed they would send out an inverter. By end of June, with 0 Return on this new Investment and NIL production of all that I paid for in full, the local installer came back and said they hadn't even sent it yet. I had been contemplating legal action with a call of documentation to my local attorney when suddenly it finally came in and the [always busy] installer finally came down to replace.

To our suprize he claimed they must have changed it, there is not even a LOCAL DISPLAY readout on it anymore. It is completely blank white panel. For [installers only] they offer some local wifi SetApp which takes about 49x times as long just to see local AC output, error codes, and if all the optimizes are latched up and communicating. Pretty dissapointing as I like just the simple local readout and this is not what I had orig. purchased. I have my complaints as well about the local installer which I will reserve for now and the one "focal woman" whom is not the most customer service oriented person to deal with: I feel if I had not brought up the error code this would never have been noted and now, they make it even more inconvenient with the absent display. The inverter is installed indoors in a basement (controlled climate) so not an issue of weather/elements/water ingress.

Anyone else seen this new blank face updated inverter version?
    It sounds like the installer did not report the problem correctly or at all to SolarEdge or maybe used a used inverter in the first place...
    They then got a new replacement which is not the same model.
    They should hook it up to the internet for you so that you can monitor it remotely via the internet though.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• solarix
      Super Moderator
      • Apr 2015

I installed a couple dozen SolarEdge systems about 7-8 years ago and have had to replace about half of them since then. This was their earlier stuff and it was all covered under warranty - even our service work, but this is an unacceptable failure rate and I do not use this brand anymore.... Don't feel bad, in our high Arizona heat, I don't use Enphase either.
      BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

• J.P.M.
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Gworkhorse

Hi, I am new into the PV world with my system installed in mid May '19 with an SE3800H-US. Only days into June this year the inverter stopped working with error code 18xBC. SolarEdge and the local installer claimed they would send out an inverter. By end of June, with 0 Return on this new Investment and NIL production of all that I paid for in full, the local installer came back and said they hadn't even sent it yet. I had been contemplating legal action with a call of documentation to my local attorney when suddenly it finally came in and the [always busy] installer finally came down to replace.

To our suprize he claimed they must have changed it, there is not even a LOCAL DISPLAY readout on it anymore. It is completely blank white panel. For [installers only] they offer some local wifi SetApp which takes about 49x times as long just to see local AC output, error codes, and if all the optimizes are latched up and communicating. Pretty dissapointing as I like just the simple local readout and this is not what I had orig. purchased. I have my complaints as well about the local installer which I will reserve for now and the one "focal woman" whom is not the most customer service oriented person to deal with: I feel if I had not brought up the error code this would never have been noted and now, they make it even more inconvenient with the absent display. The inverter is installed indoors in a basement (controlled climate) so not an issue of weather/elements/water ingress.

Anyone else seen this new blank face updated inverter version?
        Another (non)happy SolarEdge customer.

Comment

Working...