X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maximizese
    • Sep 2015

SCE PTO Approved (maybe in record time)

My rooftop solar is finally up and running. Here's the timeline breakdown, what's remarkable is that it took 1- 2 business days for SCE to issue permission to operate:

3/19/17 - Signed contract for 4.8kW system with Solar Symphony
    3/20/17 - Electric bill sent to Solar Symphony to begin NEM application
    3/28/17 - Site design
    3/30/17 - Plans submitted to city building dept
    4/17/17 - Plans approved and permit issued by Newport Beach, Ca
    4/18/17 - Installation of 16 Hanwha 300W panels, 16 SE P300 optimizers, 1 SE5000A, on Ironridge mounts and racks. Completed in 16 man-hours.
    4/27/17 - Final inspection with city. Does not pass due to conduit requirements calling for rigid tubing.
    5/2/17 - Replace conduit lines and wires from box to inverter and panel. Completed in 8 man-hours.
    5/3/17 - Inspectors signs off and approves.
    5/4/17 - Signed NEM agreement with SCE
    5/5/17 - Resubmitted of NEM agreement with SCE
    5/8/17 - PTO approved

It's been cloudy this morning so far, so I can't really comment on the solar production. Immediately after installation, they tested the system around 2pm on a sunny day and produced a peak of 3.8kW so I'm confident it'll meet my expectations. The system was turned on at 6:45pm yesterday and I was able to collect about 2.2kWh before the sun went down.
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by maximizese
    My rooftop solar is finally up and running. Here's the timeline breakdown, what's remarkable is that it took 1- 2 business days for SCE to issue permission to operate:

3/19/17 - Signed contract for 4.8kW system with Solar Symphony
    3/20/17 - Electric bill sent to Solar Symphony to begin NEM application
    3/28/17 - Site design
    3/30/17 - Plans submitted to city building dept
    4/17/17 - Plans approved and permit issued by Newport Beach, Ca
    4/18/17 - Installation of 16 Hanwha 300W panels, 16 SE P300 optimizers, 1 SE5000A, on Ironridge mounts and racks. Completed in 16 man-hours.
    4/27/17 - Final inspection with city. Does not pass due to conduit requirements calling for rigid tubing.
    5/2/17 - Replace conduit lines and wires from box to inverter and panel. Completed in 8 man-hours.
    5/3/17 - Inspectors signs off and approves.
    5/4/17 - Signed NEM agreement with SCE
    5/5/17 - Resubmitted of NEM agreement with SCE
    5/8/17 - PTO approved

It's been cloudy this morning so far, so I can't really comment on the solar production. Immediately after installation, they tested the system around 2pm on a sunny day and produced a peak of 3.8kW so I'm confident it'll meet my expectations. The system was turned on at 6:45pm yesterday and I was able to collect about 2.2kWh before the sun went down.
    Run PVWatts, use 10 % system losses, choose the hourly output option and look for a clear day's output on or near today. If everything was installed according to reasonable and good practice, that'll be close to your max. daily output. No surprises there.

Comment

• OCRick
      • Feb 2017

Yeah, I was thinking it would take a little longer. Mine was just done in 1 business day from submission.

Comment

Working...