X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AranM0n3y88
    • Oct 2016

Hybrid or Mppt

Which is better having a Mppt tristar 60A n inveterate alone or having a solar hybrid Mppt all together ?
  • jflorey2
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by AranM0n3y88
    Which is better having a Mppt tristar 60A n inveterate alone or having a solar hybrid Mppt all together ?
    Not sure what you are asking. The Morningstar Tristar charge controller is a pretty good 60 amp charge controller, not an inverter (or an inveterate.) It comes in PWM and MPPT flavors. They are used in pure offgrid systems or in hybrid systems (battery based systems that can backfeed.)

Comment

• AranM0n3y88
      • Oct 2016

I know is not a inverter ...am saying that they is are solar hybrid Mppt it comes with a Mppt n 2k inveterate all together . ..

Which is better way to go buy a Mppt tristar 60a and buy a inveterate or buy a hybrid Mppt that comes all together...

ppl saying that hyper is better but idk why is it ? if it get mess up u have to fix everything but if the Mppt get mess up u just have to fix the Mppt only not the inverter ...

I have sum1 that told me today to sell my Mppt tristar 60a n get me a hybrid 24v 2k for better deal ect..is he right?

Comment

• SunEagle
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

I know is not a inverter ...am saying that they is are solar hybrid Mppt it comes with a Mppt n 2k inveterate all together . ..
        Which is better way to go buy a Mppt tristar 60a and buy a inveterate or buy a hybrid Mppt that comes all together...
        ppl saying that hyper is better but idk why is it ? if it get mess up u have to fix everything but if the Mppt get mess up u just have to fix the Mppt only not the inverter ...
        A solar Hybrid inverter is really designed for a grid tie connection for a PV system. It allows you to have a solar pv system as well as a battery system that will charge even if the grid goes down. Those hybrid systems are very expensive and not something you would purchase unless you plan on having a grid tie system.

Comment

• AranM0n3y88
          • Oct 2016

I find 24v 2k hyper for $500 and they will give me 2yeat warranty . ..should I stay with my tristar mppt 60a 12v system or should I change to hyper 24volt 2k hyper ?

Comment

• Mike90250
            • May 2009

I'd trust a morningstar MPPT over some no-name 2yr hybrid MPPT charge controller built in the same box as an inverter.
            Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
            || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
            || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
            gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• jflorey2
              Solar Fanatic
              • Aug 2015

I have sum1 that told me today to sell my Mppt tristar 60a n get me a hybrid 24v 2k for better deal ect..is he right?
              INVERTER INVERTER not "inveterate."

Tristar is going to be way more reliable than a Chinese manufacturer who has packaged both in the same enclosure.

"Hyper?" Do you mean "HyperVOC?" That's a feature of Midnite charge controllers that protect the charge controller against very high voltages at the input. Not important unless you are operating near your voltage limits.

Or do you mean "hybrid?" If so you are using the term wrong. Hybrid systems are systems that use batteries and can backfeed the grid.

Just a suggestion - get someone to check your posts before posting here. You will get better answers and not waste people's time trying to decipher your mangled text.

Comment

• AranM0n3y88
                • Oct 2016

Thanks Mike . ..and jflorey go for urself....n no1 tell u to post here no1 had a gun in ur head n telling u to do it or maybe they was....p.s. "thanks you too "

Comment

• J.P.M.
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Aug 2013

Thanks Mike . ..and jflorey go for urself....n no1 tell u to post here no1 had a gun in ur head n telling u to do it or maybe they was....p.s. "thanks you too "
                  If you expect meaningful information to come your way, understand it's a two way street. I'd suggest, as others have done, to use more understandable grammar, spelling and sentence construction, and, while you're at it, maybe learn a bit about what you're trying to do.

Comment

• jflorey2
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Aug 2015

If you could write coherently I might be insulted! As it is, you're welcome.

Comment

Working...