X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BakerPV
    • May 2016

Trueup anniversary date

Hello!
    My system went "live" on April 28, 2016, so I assumed my PG&E trueup bill would show up around the first of May 2017 to cover the full 12 months through April 27, 2017. I was surprised to see my April bill, covering through the end of March, had all the trueup figures and my $10.38 credit. Does anybody know if this normal for PG$E? I'm not complaining because if my anniversary is going to stay at the end of March, it gives me more time to build up the reserves before the hot weather and more A/C use happens. What are others experiencing?
    Thanks,
    Kirk
  • bcroe
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2012

Trueup is 1 April (or whatever day they read the meter) here in NW IL. Not a bad day, a bit of a strain
    making more KWH than used in April. Bruce Roe

Comment

• FFE
      Solar Fanatic
      • Oct 2015

Not sure how your utility does it. My first true up was at about 12.5 months. I am in Southern California Edison territory.

Comment

• J.P.M.
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

I'd call PG & E and ask them. Might as well get it from the horse's mouth.

Comment

• Relaxedchap
          • Nov 2016

The Interconnection date is not always the same day that a PV system is turned on for the first time. I believe that PG&E places the Interconnection date, and so the start of your true-up period, on the day that the PV system receives final utility approval to operate. If this date is different from the date your system was turned on then that may account for the discrepancy. As J.P.M. mentioned, the exact answer is something that PG&E can provide directly.

Comment

• azdave
            • Oct 2014

SRP true-up under the older grandfathered agreements in Arizona is at end of April. Just when I have a huge reserve they convert it to wholesale value at less than 3.4 cents per so I got $56 last year. I would rather have the credits of course heading into summer but that's the deal I got.
            Dave W. Gilbert AZ
            6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

• cebury
              Solar Fanatic
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Relaxedchap
              The Interconnection date is not always the same day that a PV system is turned on for the first time. I believe that PG&E places the Interconnection date, and so the start of your true-up period, on the day that the PV system receives final utility approval to operate. If this date is different from the date your system was turned on then that may account for the discrepancy. As J.P.M. mentioned, the exact answer is something that PG&E can provide directly.
              Correct as I've seen, except for perhaps, but not necessarily, an additiinal couple days lag on top. My interconnection approval date was like 10? days before the trueup period started, which didn't even line up with my pre-solar billing periods. Then there was some weird two day discrepancy in the detailed billing history showing, even though net metering had started, the first two days they didn't credit the Sale of excess kwh... they zeroed it out. It was only a couple bucks, I didn't complain.
              Last edited by cebury; 04-10-2017, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• gcherian
                • Mar 2017

National Grid in Upstate NY allows you a one time change of the anniversary date. Based on the production and consumption here usually the best bet is go with the first month of over production (earn credits) and then save a lot for the winter usage.

Comment

• J.P.M.
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by gcherian
                  National Grid in Upstate NY allows you a one time change of the anniversary date. Based on the production and consumption here usually the best bet is go with the first month of over production (earn credits) and then save a lot for the winter usage.
                  I believe my utility allows, or did allow, trueup date changes. I was going to hornwagggle them to an Oct. or so trueup to maximize my NEM deficit float time over the winter and minimize any seasonal excess generation payment time. That turned out that's my trueup month based on an Oct. startup anyway.

Comment

• BakerPV
                    • May 2016

Thanks for all the responses. I'll contact PG&E and see what they say.
                    Kirk

Comment

Working...