X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heataholic
    • Feb 2017

Need help deciding

So I have 2 quotes and I can't decide which one to go with.

First quote is using Dividend financing at 5.99% with their 20 year warranty
    REC 290 twin peak poly panels - 35
    Solar Edge inverter SE760A-US
    10.15 kW - 17,623 kWh (year 1)
    $27.4k

Second quote is at 4.99% and no extended warranty
    Canadian Solar 280 mono panels - 39
    Sunny Boy 6.0 and Sunny Boy 3.8 inverters
    10.92 kw - 18,334 kWh (year 1)
    $23.8k

I am leaning toward the first quote but that price difference and rate difference is throwing me off. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.
    Last edited by Heataholic; 02-16-2017, 01:17 PM.
  • solar pete
    Administrator
    • May 2014

Howdy Heataholic and welcome to Solar Panel Talk, Well I like the look of quote 2, I would not get hung up on extended warranty, If you havnt already done so check out your installers at www.solarreviews.com

Opinions vary a lot on brands of equipment, I have had a lot of experience with SMA inverters and they are by far my favorite, cheers

Comment

• ButchDeal
      Solar Fanatic
      • Apr 2014

does your install have shadows or multiple azimuths?
      I am not a fan of the dual inverter solution on your second quote
      OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• Heataholic
        • Feb 2017

No shadows and they are using the south side of my house and the east side. The 2nd quote emailed me last night with updated info so I changed that in the OP. I originally had him bid without using the south side, it faces the street and isn't a lot of space. I had him use that space (the first one was already using it) and he emailed me info in a paragraph and now I have an actual bid.

What is the concern with the dual inverter?
        Last edited by Heataholic; 02-16-2017, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Heataholic
          • Feb 2017

So option 2 will do a SolarEdge inverter (SE10000-A-US) for $25k. So the difference is in the panels for the cost difference I don't see a reason to use option 1 now. Neither company is on solarreviews.com but they both have been in business for at least 10 years and do other stuff outside solar, worried about the end of net metering killing solar companies that was important to me.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I am in Chandler, AZ .

Comment

• ButchDeal
            Solar Fanatic
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Heataholic
            So option 2 will do a SolarEdge inverter (SE10000-A-US) for $25k. So the difference is in the panels for the cost difference I don't see a reason to use option 1 now. Neither company is on solarreviews.com but they both have been in business for at least 10 years and do other stuff outside solar, worried about the end of net metering killing solar companies that was important to me.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I am in Chandler, AZ .
            This would be how I would design it.
            OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Working...