X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob30066
    • Feb 2017

Do I have a problem? Some panels show little to no output

I recently had a new system installed. 32 Canada Solar CS6K-275M panals on a string with a Solar Edge inverter.
    The inverter can see all 32 panels, but shows some of them are only producing 0-5 watts for the whole day. So far we are peaking generating 25-30kwh per day on sunny days, but this is under all the estimates I have on production. Any ideas on what the issue could be and something easy to fix like resetting the inverter or do I need to call out the installer to find and resolve the issue with the individual panels?
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

I'd call the installer first.

As for output, what estimates are you comparing actual output to ?

Comment

• bcroe
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2012

If the panels aren't producing roughly the same unshaded, you have a problem with either design or
      equipment. I doubt you have 32 panels in a single series string, thats a pretty high voltage. Bruce Roe

Comment

• ButchDeal
        Solar Fanatic
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by bob30066
        I recently had a new system installed. 32 Canada Solar CS6K-275M panals on a string with a Solar Edge inverter.
        The inverter can see all 32 panels, but shows some of them are only producing 0-5 watts for the whole day. So far we are peaking generating 25-30kwh per day on sunny days, but this is under all the estimates I have on production. Any ideas on what the issue could be and something easy to fix like resetting the inverter or do I need to call out the installer to find and resolve the issue with the individual panels?
        the installer should not have put 32 on one string. If he did, thaaaaat's your problem
        Though more likely he didn't bother to put the strings into the monitoring portal or you are miss reading it.
        It is possibly that the installer didn't put enough modules in a string and that would be a problem as well.
        If they are producing any watts then there is some electrical connection to them.
        OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Working...