X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal tax cedit - Audits??

I was working on my taxes last night and got to wondering if filing the federal 30% solar tax credit has been a trigger for IRS audits. A few years ago when we adopted our daughter, I was hearing that the adoption tax credit had been almost an automatic audit. Fortunately, they got that straightened out by the time I filed it.

Anyone had any problems?

Greg

No problems here.
    4400w, Midnite Classic 150 charge-controller.

Comment

Originally posted by GRickard View Post
      I was working on my taxes last night and got to wondering if filing the federal 30% solar tax credit has been a trigger for IRS audits.
      Can't be - too many people use it and not enough IRS people to do the audits for that volume of people.

However I made sure I had documentation for everything that went into my credit
      And I made sure I filed it with my other tax documentation.
      In the unlikely event that I am audited I just pull out the documentation, show it to the IRS person and we're done.

Comment

No problem here

Comment

Glad to know it's not a trigger. The IRS is getting off cheap on mine anyway since there is no charge for labor (self installed). I don't know if there is any provision to allow you to charge your own labor, so I'll leave that alone.

Comment

How will the IRS conduct my audit?

Comment

Originally posted by MrRuppert View Post
              Any way they want.

Comment

Make sure you have your documentation so if they do ask, and there is value is having an accountant. The biggest value of having a CPA do your tax isn't to fill out the form, but rather so if you do get audited, they will have the discussion with the IRS largely on your behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRuppert View Post
                  You only tend to get audited if you fall significantly outside certain norms or you don't have the number correct on something they receive electronically.

Comment

Working...
                  X