Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

solar system that charges batteries in 4 is impossibe ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post

3 200ah. batteries,.. sounds like 12 volt batteries. Unless you are building a 36 volt system this is a bad choice.
    5, 250 watt panels, not a good number. You only have two choices to wire them ALL in parallel, or ALL in series, Too high voltage unless you have a high voltage MPPT controller.
    You can combine with with series and parallel for eat set of 2 panels. What's wrong with that? For each pair I put wire in series, I get nearly 90 volts and up to 16 amps. I could just keep putting those pairs to increase the amps. Would just need more charge controllers. An order for a Midnite Solar charge controller(s) sounds like it would be in order.

Comment

[QUOTE=RenewablesRock;n381472]

You can combine with with series and parallel for eat set of 2 panels. What's wrong with that?

Nothing at all but what are you going to do with the 5th panel? Set it aside till you get a 6th panel?
      2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

[QUOTE=littleharbor;n381474]
        Originally posted by RenewablesRock View Post

You can combine with with series and parallel for eat set of 2 panels. What's wrong with that?

Nothing at all but what are you going to do with the 5th panel? Set it aside till you get a 6th panel?
        Yeah, that causes a problem. That's why I ordered everything in pairs.

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post

3 200ah. batteries,.. sounds like 12 volt batteries. Unless you are building a 36 volt system this is a bad choice.
          5, 250 watt panels, not a good number. You only have two choices to wire them ALL in parallel, or ALL in series, Too high voltage unless you have a high voltage MPPT controller.

i meant 2 batteries 200amps 12 volt 200amp 24vdc battery and c/5 of 40 amps which is suitable to work on 4 panels of 250 watt 24vdc nominal

using mmpt my batteries will eat 40amps from the production of 4*250=1000 wattt panels

now if we divide 1000 watt /24 = 40 or so

1000 watt will be more than enough to run 200 watt fridge and 500 wat air conditioner

Comment

Originally posted by gendil View Post

i meant 2 batteries 200amps 12 volt 200amp 24vdc battery and c/5 of 40 amps which is suitable to work on 4 panels of 250 watt 24vdc nominal

using mmpt my batteries will eat 40amps from the production of 4*250=1000 wattt panels

now if we divide 1000 watt /24 = 40 or so

1000 watt will be more than enough to run 200 watt fridge and 500 wat air conditioner
            The fridge yes. The A/C unit maybe or maybe not. The compressor on those units may have a very high starting draw which could drop the 24v battery low enough to shut down the inverter.

Comment

Working...
            X