X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average going price for a SREC in NH?

I know the SREC market in NH is a mess compared to MA (where I live), but my parents have a cabin NH and I'm trying to put together a case to get them to go solar + heat pump (currently it's on oil). To get an accurate payoff time, I'd like to factor in the income from selling SREC's. Does anyone know what they sell for in NH? SRECTrade suggests the ceiling is $160 per credit, but they don't operate in NH so I wasn't able to find any historical market data. Any info is appreciated.
    7.2 kW / LG NeOn 2 300's / Enphase M250

It was around $55 last year (minus the brokers commission). The utilities pretty run the PUC and they artificially keep the SRECs pricing low. Unfortunately we cant sell to Mass.

A FYI is that the individual who acted as the primary Independent Auditor abruptly stopped doing it and to date no one has stepped in to take his place. I believe NH Electric Cooperative has an IA to support their customers but Eversource does not. Without an IA you cant sell SRECS as only IAs can submit usage to the state.

If you know a NH electrician or a PE who wants a nice part time retirement gig, I figure the IA gig is probably a 10K per year gig with a front end bump for the initial inspections..

Comment

• Andygt02
      Andygt02 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Peakbagger. The cabin is in NH Electric Coop territory, though I'm a little disappointed to hear it's that low for credits. Perhaps that will change in the future.

I sure wouldn't plan on it. As it is, the second round of net metering was granted only with the agreement that the state would investigate a phase out of cut off of net metering after some period of years. Given the recent election results, I don't see a lot of interest in breaking up the cozy relationship between the utilities and the politicians.

The heat pump option isn't a great fit for a cabin unless you keep the oil as a backup or install some electric baseboard. Unless the cabin is super tight, the heat pump will have a hard time keeping up with temps much below 10 degrees. Yes they still put out heat down to minus 15 but the output drops significantly and the air coming out of the unit is not very warm. If there is any humidity in the air, the unit will be defrosting almost as much as its putting out heat down at very low temps. I met someone win Franconia area and he gets way with it but has to leave it set a high temps all week in the winter as it stake forever to get the place warmed up again after a cold week.

Comment

We use Knollwood Energy to sell the SRECs My last payment was for $55 per SREC before their fees. We report our production into Knollwood's website. They work with an independent auditor who then "verifies the production by using an algorithm and uploads the number of credits to be minted". That is quoted from an email when I asked how it all works. So far it has been very easy.

Comment

Originally posted by NH Rocks View Post
        We use Knollwood Energy to sell the SRECs My last payment was for $55 per SREC before their fees. We report our production into Knollwood's website. They work with an independent auditor who then "verifies the production by using an algorithm and uploads the number of credits to be minted". That is quoted from an email when I asked how it all works. So far it has been very easy.
        I would really like to know who your independent monitor is

Comment

Working...
        X