X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyab, Any updates on this lately?

Comment

Weekends have been busy with other commitments and we have been getting quite a bit of rain. But I did get my first complete NEM 2 bill for a full month, I'll post about it.

I did decide to go with a Ubiquiti LiteBeam AC RF wireless solution to get internet down at the site - I was surprised at the low cost of this hardware. All the stuff is just sucking up space in my office waiting for me to find the time to do it and for the dang rain to stop long enough to let the ground dry out enough so I don't have a massive mud mess. If I can get two weeks of sunshine that will dry stuff out enough so I can hook stuff up down there without fighting that mud and slick hill.

I went down there earlier today to get my loaded quad trailer back up the hill - I left it down there a couple of week ago when the mud was so slippery I could not get my quad up the hill with that trailer loaded. Had to take out about 1/2 of the load and then make a few partial loads but finally was able to get the rest of the 2x4's I left down there, old boxes, left over pieces of EMT, ladders and misc junk. There is a metal recycler about an hour away in Fresno that will pay for all that left over metal and wire stuff by the pound but I'm not sure I have enough to even cover the gas for the round trip

One thing is all that rain caused a creek to dig itself into the down slope and where it crossed the underground electrical conduit it has eroded all the way to the 3" conduit - nice 2-1/2' deep trench. Rain actually washed away from this area about 9" of topsoil. Conduit was surrounded with large boulders and smaller rocks and it took me a bit to get them all moved away from the conduit. Could not move one of them out of the trench by hand - too heavy. It looked like these rolled down in to that new created creek and slammed into that conduit. Can't even imagine what that would have done to direct buried wire. I don't see any cracks in that 3" conduit but with so much water and rain its hard to tell until stuff dries out. Clearly I will have to create a diversion to keep that water from doing this again once it gets reburied. I'll take a pic of that later (did not have my phone with me and it was lightly raining).
      Last edited by tyab; 02-19-2017, 04:43 PM.

Comment

My landscaper scheduled work after the summer (not so much rain). Threw some straw netting over it
        to keep it all in place. A couple years later, it took just fine. Bruce Roe

Comment

We tossed a bunch of straw and seed down before the big rains on new years day but two different 20 degree+ slopes just did a number on everything. A section that only had about 6" of soil on top of a rock slab is where it started - all you see is rock now - and just became a torrent from there. The hill next to it is over 30 degree slope with maybe a 40' elevation change and that is were most of it is coming from. Just as big of an issue is the drainage from neighboring properties - we are downhill from them. The solar pad areas are fine - the retaining wall and grading away from them is working really well other than sinking in a good 4" - 6" of mud on every step but that section to the south of the pads is where all that drainage is forming a natural creek from three different grades. Its a mess right now - this is the most rain we have had in a long time. We will have to bring the bobcat back out to fix this - it way too large to repair by hand. I'm thinking maybe sometime in later April to mid May to let stuff dry out enough to fix properly. I'll try and go down there when I can just to move rocks that roll down that developing creek. I'm thinking about how to build some sort of protection about 6-8' upstream from the conduit to divert/stop more rocks from hitting that conduit. I'm leaning to cutting up some rebar - pounding it in as best as I can - and fill the space uphill with as many of those rocks as I can move to build a sloped barrier.

And the forecast - heavy rain until Thursday - one day of sun - then snow. Oh well - CA needs this weather.

Comment

Anyone have a real phone contact for enphase? I cant seem to get through to anyone.

Comment

Working...
            X