X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pge has restructured and flattened their teiring by elevating lowest tier pricing and eliminating the top,two highest tiers. It was political push back from the most expensive homes paying "more than their fair share" at tier 4/5 rates for past few years and you could assume the owners of such homes have more political pull. The lowest tier going up also makes solar users pay more and not get as much reimbursement for the highest tier during peak periods.

Comment

Well after thinking about this for some time, getting quotes from 5 vendors, lurking and asking questions in here, and securing financing i've decided to finally take the plunge and move forward with an installation. We'll see how this goes

In the end, i'm going with a 4.8kW system involving LG 320W panels, Enphase S280 micros and Enphase Envoy-S monitoring. Much like when i've reached out to get other work done on my house, pricing was all over the place depending on the vendor.

My total turnkey price will be $15,350 which includes city permit fees ($3.20/W before taxes). After tax credit that should work out to about $10,745 ($2.24/W). At my current ~$150/mo electrical payment the system should be paid off in 6 years not taking into consideration the fact that electricity costs will probably go up ~4%/year (in other words it should probably be paid for quicker then that).

Anyways i'm excited! And thankful to everyone in these forums for their thoughts and sharing their experiences. It helped a great deal to sort through my own thoughts.

Comment

Thanks for popping back in and giving us the update, sounds like your homework has paid off for you, and thanks for the positive feed back. Good luck with it, cheers.

Comment

After all the rain, my system is finally installed and running. I'm happy. I ended up increasing the size of the system by 3 panels to 18 total or 5.2kW by having them place 3 more up on the 2nd story.

My final total turnkey price was $18,420 (before incentives) which as I mentioned before includes 18 x LG 320W panels, Enphase S280 micros, Enphase Envoy-S monitoring, black colored racks, and everything else (installation, permits, etc). I went through ML Solar which got me the best deal and who i'd definitely recommend. Rectify solar did the installation. I'm very happy with the way they tucked the conduit and painted it so that it's hardly even visible (see photo.. particularly the conduit going up the wall on the 2nd story).

After the tax rebate the system should have cost me $12,894 which at $150/mo (my typical electrical bill) will be paid off in 7 years 2 months although i'll probably pay it down faster then that. Now I get to wait and see what my bills look like post installation. I'm curious what being on PG&E's new TOU-A plan will be like given my production rates. I guess we'll see..

Photos!

20170217-IMG_2566.jpg20170217-IMG_2568.jpg20170217-IMG_2572.jpg20170217-IMG_2571.jpgPG E – Energy Usage Details.pngMyEnlighten Residential System .png

Comment

Grats on your new system. Its hard to see from the pictures but it looks like you may have a tree shading on the left side of the lower roof. With the Enphase enlighten account, you can log in and see exactly each panel generation over time and see if that shading is real.

I'm a new NEM 2.0 customer like yourself and I was a bit surprised at the $10/month I had to pay each month and the $25/month fee that is accrued in your NEM account. PG&E provides little information on exactly how these can be reduced and even exactly how that $25/month is calculated so I would be interested if you see the same fees on your bill.

Comment

Lots better than the $4.19/Watt , huh ?

Comment

Originally posted by tyab View Post

I'm a new NEM 2.0 customer like yourself and I was a bit surprised at the $10/month I had to pay each month and the $25/month fee that is accrued in your NEM account. PG&E provides little information on exactly how these can be reduced and even exactly how that $25/month is calculated so I would be interested if you see the same fees on your bill.
                There is a $10 / mo minimum bill for the delivery component you can do nothing about. If you produce more than you consume, you will pay it... if you consume more than you produce, but it is less than $10 worth of delivery charges, the difference would be added to bring the bill to $10.

The $25 / mo may be coming from the non-bypassable charges that must be paid under NEM 2.0, which cannot be offset by net metering credit. On the E-1 tariff, for example, they include:
                • Public Purpose Program (PPP) ($0.01501 / kWh consumed)
                • Nuclear Decommissioning (ND) ($0.00149 / kWh consumed)
                • DWR Bond Charge (DWR Bond) ($0.00549 / kWh consumed)
                • Competition Transition Charge (CTC) ($0.00130 / kWh consumed)

The total for these here is $0.02323 / kWh, and the only way to reduce this charge is to consume less energy during the hours your array is not meeting your full household demand (at night, for example). $25 would be 1000 kWh consumed... pretty high... maybe that is including the $10, so only $15 from non-bypassable charges and other fees? Do you have an EV that you charge at night?
                CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Originally posted by gwichman View Post
                  After all the rain, my system is finally installed and running. I'm happy. I ended up increasing the size of the system by 3 panels to 18 total or 5.2kW by having them place 3 more up on the 2nd story.

My final total turnkey price was $18,420 (before incentives) which as I mentioned before includes 18 x LG 320W panels, Enphase S280 micros, Enphase Envoy-S monitoring, black colored racks, and everything else (installation, permits, etc). I went through ML Solar which got me the best deal and who i'd definitely recommend. Rectify solar did the installation. I'm very happy with the way they tucked the conduit and painted it so that it's hardly even visible (see photo.. particularly the conduit going up the wall on the 2nd story).

After the tax rebate the system should have cost me $12,894 which at $150/mo (my typical electrical bill) will be paid off in 7 years 2 months although i'll probably pay it down faster then that. Now I get to wait and see what my bills look like post installation. I'm curious what being on PG&E's new TOU-A plan will be like given my production rates. I guess we'll see..

Photos!

20170217-IMG_2566.jpg20170217-IMG_2568.jpg20170217-IMG_2572.jpg20170217-IMG_2571.jpgPG E – Energy Usage Details.pngMyEnlighten Residential System .png
                  What was the cost for just the installation?

Comment

Originally posted by sychin View Post

What was the cost for just the installation?
                    unfortunately i never had it broken out separately. initially i did for other quotes but when they offered a turnkey price that significantly beat the other prices I just moved forward with it.

Comment

Sensij I'll do a separate post about PG&E NEM 2.0 stuff. I have two full bills now of ETOU-A region R and still trying to fit all the pieces together.

Comment

Working...
                      X