X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • javolt
    • Oct 2016

Troubleshooting and fault codes

Greetings and this will be my second post, couldn't find a thread with my question. If you have a suggestion where my topic should be please provide the link..

I'm a grid-tied 5KW PV owner since September 2011. My system has performed flawlessly until a couple days ago it shut down - nothing was lit up on the inverter and my SMUD utility meter was not displaying. It turns out to have a blown 30 amp fuse on one of the 120 volt AC legs in the shut off switch next to the meter. Replaced it and all is good - however.... Fault code on my PVP4800 inverter reads: voltage overload - fault code 1000. I'm not sure where to post or ask the question but I'd like very much to know what would cause an event like this? Thanks
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

What brand is PVP4800 inverter ? Does your manual list what that is - DC overvolt or AC line overvolt ? Have you had unusually cold weather that could have increased the PV array DC voltage above the threshold
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• javolt
      • Oct 2016

1) "What brand is PVP4800 inverter ? Answer: StarInverter PVP4800

2) Does your manual list what that is - DC overvolt or AC line overvolt ? Answer: Yes, AC over-voltage. I did find and correct what appeared to be a loose lug on one of the 120v leads to the main breaker. That would explain the intermittent surges with our lighting.

3) Have you had unusually cold weather that could have increased the PV array DC voltage above the threshold " Answer: No cold weather yet, I'm in the Sacramento California area with daytime temps in the 70's. According to the specs I'm well within the max 500VDC input voltage rating.

I will be contacting the manufacturer to find out more details. So far everything seems fine.

Comment

Working...