Solaredge production and PGE reports doesn't line up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solaredge production and PGE reports doesn't line up

I'm looking at my PGE bill for this month and noticed they reported net generation of 582.3084 kWh SolarEdge reported 1028694.395 kWh for the same period. Any explanation for this?

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
    I'm looking at my PGE bill for this month and noticed they reported net generation of 582.3084 kWh SolarEdge reported 1028694.395 kWh for the same period. Any explanation for this?

Solaredge reports only Production.
    PG&E is most likely Production minus Consumption.
    (Typically you have only 1 meter, not a separate meter for production)

A> What did you typically use in kwh during that period of time before solar?
    B> What is the period you're looking at?
    C> Are you sure you're reading the values correctly?
    Net generation of 582kwh seems reasonable for net generation (ie. not too far off from zero)
    Solaredge system generating 1,028,694kwh seems really high for a typical residential system.
    I have a >8kw system, and I only have ~10,000kwh per year. (less than 1000kwh per month) You're seeing 100x or 1000x larger?
    I suspect you're misreading something.

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
      Your utility is reporting NET generation. Your inverter is reporting generation
      Also I believe the solaredge number is in watt hours not kilowatt hours
      OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

I think you guys nailed it...

Solaredge report total generation before it hit the grids hence 1028.69kWh (exported xml report in Wh)

PGE report net generation less the consumption at time of production as well. Makes perfect sense now.

Comment

Yeah genration vs net generation is confusing IMO. I like to think of it as the POCO is only aware of Import and Export of electricity from the premises. Solaredge is total generation.

Comment

Working...
          X