X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by littleharbor
    And now we have cars that can drive themselves and parallel park. Also seems kinda funny how the younger generations cant drive a stick shift manual transmission.
    I might think it funny too if I didn't see it as a small example of what it portends for the future.

I never thought much about a clutch as an anti theft device per the law of unintended consequences.

This thread seems to be turning into examples of results of the great dumbing of America.

On a serious note, watching what's been happening to my country over the last 10 yrs. or so gives me the same feeling I acquired while watching someone I love progress through Altzheimer's.

Comment

• littleharbor
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2016

Think I'll try that Anti-theft device angle with my AAA agent. Nothing to lose.
      2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

• J.P.M.
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by littleharbor
        Think I'll try that Anti-theft device angle with my AAA agent. Nothing to lose.
        Take a shot. Got nothin' to lose.

Comment

• aliris
          • Sep 2016

Well, as a newbie, even this trivializing of potential dangers is enlightening. After reading this: http://www.pveducation.org/pvcdrom/m...-failure-modes - I'm pretty sure I won't be able to sleep tonight.

I'm literally feeling this stuff is too dangerous to be positioned 5 feet from children's heads....

Comment

• Sunking
            Solar Fanatic
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by J.P.M.
            Given the general lack of intelligence, no, I wouldn't be surprised.
            As I get older, I get wiser. Think about this, We remove all safety and warning labels from all consumer products. Then we change consumer product liability laws making it impossible for you to sue a company. Idiots would kill themselves right and left, and the world would be a lot better place with less stupid people.

Just think Nobama would have never been elected, nor would Billiary of Chump be you nominees. I will give Nobama credit, he is pretty sharp. HE succeeded and kept his promise in destroying the USA. Ready for Race Riots?
            Last edited by Sunking; 10-02-2016, 12:11 PM.
            MSEE, PE

Comment

• SunEagle
              Super Moderator
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Sunking

As I get older, I get wiser. Think about this, we remove all safety and warning labels from all consumer products. Then we change consummer product liability laws making it impossible for you to sue a comapany. Idiots would kill themselves right and left and the world would be a lot better place without stupid people.
              I have no issue with the idiots taking themselves out of the picture. The problem is they also contribute to the collateral damage of innocent victims.

Comment

• J.P.M.
                Solar Fanatic
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Sunking

As I get older, I get wiser. Think about this, we remove all safety and warning labels from all consumer products. Then we change consumer product liability laws making it impossible for you to sue a company. Idiots would kill themselves right and left and the world would be a lot better place without stupid people.

Just think Nobama would have never been elected, nor would Billiary of Chump be you nominees.
                You're fortunate. As I get older, and learn more, I only realize how much more I don't know than I thought I knew and therefore, if one measure of intelligence is how much I know, I get dumber every day.

Sounds like you've hit on a way to improve the gene pool.

Politicians and conmen of all stripes will be with us always. Pick your side.

And, with the benefit of years observing (and getting dumber), to think it's all, like everything else, governed by entropy, and therefore, in the end, irreversible is, to me anyway, a somewhat sobering reflection - maybe enough to make one nihilistic, but that's off topic.

Comment

• Sunking
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by J.P.M.

You're fortunate. As I get older, and learn more, I only realize how much more I don't know than I thought I knew and therefore,
                  Ain't that the truth.
                  MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...