X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vandergraaff
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Sunking
    Not fade away, it will be gone and dead. There is no economic justification for solar.
    I agree that at current hardware prices (and fuel prices) there is no economic justification for unsubsidised solar. But I'm not ready to right it off yet.

There have been many technologies, ranging from air travel to home computers, which took a long time to become cost effective. Perhaps mass production will do the same for PV modules as it did for cell phones, cars, etc. I'm not betting the farm on it yet, but it's a good possibility.
    Art

Comment

• john
      • Oct 2010

Hello, I bought a sun 120 last year from sun electronics,and Im very happy with it

Comment

• dtiffany
        • Oct 2010

Yeah it seems that the whole idustry around the world are constantly on edge incase the government decides to change their policy one day. You can never relax when it comes to the solar industry.
        Daniel Tiffany
        [url]www.ardentdl.com[/url]

Comment

• russ
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jul 2009

One big thing to keep in mind with industry moving to cheap wages is that wages are part of the story.

In steel manufacturing, the ability to make higher quality of steel including micro alloys is all important. The Japanese did great in steel as they replaced plants destroyed in WWII with the latest and greatest. Then came the Koreans / Taiwanese who now had the latest - then came the new mills in the middle east and India.

For the steel market, the money is in high quality and construction grades are used to fill out a melting/rolling schedule.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...