X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solar_newbie
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by skipro3
    The solar production is gathered from the Solaredge web server where my inverter sends data over the internet. Then I just configure my PVOutput account to gather the data from the Solaredge server.

The consumption is gathered using a Rainforest Eagle that sends it's data to a website called wattvision. Then I just configure my PVOutput account to gather the data from the wattvision website as a second source. Since wattvision's data is basically my smart meter data, it's a summation of generation and consumption, so I've also configured my PVOutput account to subtract the Solaredge data from the wattvision data to break out the consumption.

It sounds complicated and it is when you look at it as a whole picture. But if you start small, just post up your data from your inverter, then build from there as you read the PVOutput's documentation and understand it, soon you have pretty much everything you could imagine charted and graphed. I even can compare my data overlaid with other site members data to see how my system stands up to other similar systems. I have a couple near me geographically that are similar in size that prove to me my system is performing on an even footing as other sites of like-type.
    Sound fun I just check my smart meter support rainforest monitor. I guess I will buy it first .

Do you get from Amazon?

Comment

• skipro3
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jul 2015

Yes, I got the Rainforest Eagle from Amazon. I think it was right at $100 for it. PG&E customers log on to their account, then go in and activate the 2nd radio channel on the Smart Meter to get the meter data. This data can either be read locally from your router or through Rainforest's web servers. You can also set up an account with wattwise since PVOoutput will take the wattwise data and plug it into your account.

Comment

• solar_newbie
        • Aug 2015

I can collect everything and send to pvoutput except for voltage ? Do you know how?

Comment

• skipro3
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jul 2015

You have enphase, so I do t know how to get voltage. With solaredge, it is a tab next to where you set temperature. Try looking there.

Comment

• skipro3
            Solar Fanatic
            • Jul 2015

Btw, nice display.

From PVOutput, go to favorites, search for JPL test. He is near you and has the same size system. You can compare his output to yours to verify yours is working as you think it should.

Comment

• sensij
              Solar Fanatic
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by solar_newbie
              I can collect everything and send to pvoutput except for voltage ? Do you know how?
              You can't get voltage from the Envoy API. You'll need some additional equipment to measure and report the data if you want to see it.
              CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• solar_newbie
                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by sensij
                You can't get voltage from the Envoy API. You'll need some additional equipment to measure and report the data if you want to see it.
                I see. I could get voltage from Enlighten, but not on PVOutput. I do not see the tab in PVOutput for it I am not sure how to add it ... Like to get thing completed.

Comment

• sensij
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by solar_newbie
                  I see. I could get voltage from Enlighten, but not on PVOutput. I do not see the tab in PVOutput for it I am not sure how to add it ... Like to get thing completed.
                  Voltage is not included in the Enlighten API. If you'd like to manually upload the voltage data to intra-day records that already exist, PVOutput supports that. Check out the live loader. It is easy to use, once you get the hang of it.

CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Working...