They seem to be looking for an excuse to say "no".
What state do you live in? In California, at least, they can't just say no:
Try our solar cost and savings calculator
Most Popular Topics
Collapse
LG Panels use anti-reflective glass? HOA demands.
Collapse
X
-
In their minds "High transmission" doesn't equate to "anti-reflective" or "anti-glare". It's an airpark, with lots of takeoff & landing activity, so the concern is understandable. That, coupled with board members that don't quite get the difference between "glint" and "glare", and their overly active control issues, makes for a delicate approval process.That is crazy. Reflective panels are counter productive. I have the same exact panels and my brochure states "High transmission tempered glass" under the "Mechanical Properties". "High transmission" is the opposite of reflective. You could try to get them to approve that?Leave a comment:
-
That is crazy. Reflective panels are counter productive. I have the same exact panels and my brochure states "High transmission tempered glass" under the "Mechanical Properties". "High transmission" is the opposite of reflective. You could try to get them to approve that?Our HOA requires evidence that the LG panels we're planning to use, utilize anti-reflective glass. After hours of online searching, I can't seem to find anything official. I've contacted LG by web-form and phone but, after a week, have had no response. Any idea how we might get the evidence we need?
I have found an old brochure (dated 03/2013) for the MonoX NeON panels (e.g. LG305N1C) that contains this declaration: "Anti-reflective coatings on the cell, anti-reflective glass, reduced temperature coefficients and bi-facial cells result in higher energy yields than conventional modules."
If I could find something similar, published by LG, the HOA would(?) be satisfied. Our panels are: LG280S1C-B3.
None of the current literature from LG mentions anything about anti-reflective glass. I'm guessing that all current LG panels utilize the anti-reflective glass, but I need clear evidence.
Going a bit crazy... (though not yet as crazy as the HOA board)Leave a comment:
-
LG Panels use anti-reflective glass? HOA demands.
Our HOA requires evidence that the LG panels we're planning to use, utilize anti-reflective glass. After hours of online searching, I can't seem to find anything official. I've contacted LG by web-form and phone but, after a week, have had no response. Any idea how we might get the evidence we need?
I have found an old brochure (dated 03/2013) for the MonoX NeON panels (e.g. LG305N1C) that contains this declaration: "Anti-reflective coatings on the cell, anti-reflective glass, reduced temperature coefficients and bi-facial cells result in higher energy yields than conventional modules."
If I could find something similar, published by LG, the HOA would(?) be satisfied. Our panels are: LG280S1C-B3.
None of the current literature from LG mentions anything about anti-reflective glass. I'm guessing that all current LG panels utilize the anti-reflective glass, but I need clear evidence.
Going a bit crazy... (though not yet as crazy as the HOA board)
Copyright © 2014 SolarReviews All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 6.1.3
Copyright © 2026 MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2026 MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All rights reserved.
All times are GMT-5. This page was generated at 09:07 AM.
Leave a comment: