X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Asclepius
    • Sep 2015

Hi, can you also share the name of your installer? Thanks.

Comment

• khoang
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Asclepius
      Hi, can you also share the name of your installer? Thanks.
      Please PM me as well. that's a very good quote base on what i can get so far.

Comment

• onibara
        • Sep 2015

Just started looking for a solar installation. Would you please send the installer contact information to me also. Thanks

Comment

• justthinking
          • Aug 2015

Final update

I decided to change my system config to the following

1 x SolarEdge SE5000A-US Inverter
          16 x SolarEdge P300 Power Optimizer
          16 x Solar World 280 Watt

The reason for change to SolarEdge/Solar World from Enphase/Suniva is because I want made in USA panels from larger company and I like the idea of upgrade to Tesla Powerwall in the future
          Final price was the same, $3.29 per watt. (my installer originally thought it would cost slightly more go with SolarEdge/Solar World so he updated the quote to $3.4 per watt, but after he got all the part, he told me hardware cost was about the same so he revised the price back to $3.29 per watt)

The main concern I have is I have light weight concrete tiles which are easy to break from walking on top of them so my roofer came by before installation and said it is best if he can come back one time during installation to make sure there are no damaged tiles under where panels will go and again after installation so he can change out all the broken tiles and fix any tiles that was affected during installation

Here is the timeline of my install

9/10/2015 - Signed contract, paid $1,000 deposit

9/16/2015 - Installer pulled permit from City of Fremont (Fremont only hand out solar permit on Wednesday)

9/17/2015 - Structure, framing, wiring & inverter installed, need to wait for progress inspection from city as well as my roofer to check up on the work before installation can continue

9/21/2015 - Progress inspection passed, my roofer also came by on 9/18/2015 and said the installer did a good job of changed out damaged tiles under framing so he is satisfied

9/22/2015 - Installer came back to put in optimizers & panels, connect all the wiring and activate the inverter, said installation will take place on 9/28/2015 (Monday)

9/25/2015 - Installer came back again to put on warning labels, paint conduits to meet city code and did their own final inspection, paid $12,000 since their work is now done

9/28/2015 - Final inspection passed, PG&E application submitted, received several e-mail during the week fro PG&E to update NEM progress

10/5/2015 - E-Mail Confirmation from PG&E that our NEM is now a go and received final invoice from installer, send out balance of the invoice which is about $1,800

Overall, I am very satisfied with my installer, they did a good job of making sure tiles under critical area are either not damaged or changed out and my installer had no problem showing me how to activate the system and config both LAN and zigbee for online monitoring setup so I can troubleshoot the system in the future

Comment

• solar_newbie
            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by justthinking
            Final update

I decided to change my system config to the following

1 x SolarEdge SE5000A-US Inverter
            16 x SolarEdge P300 Power Optimizer
            16 x Solar World 280 Watt

The reason for change to SolarEdge/Solar World from Enphase/Suniva is because I want made in USA panels from larger company and I like the idea of upgrade to Tesla Powerwall in the future
            Final price was the same, $3.29 per watt. (my installer originally thought it would cost slightly more go with SolarEdge/Solar World so he updated the quote to $3.4 per watt, but after he got all the part, he told me hardware cost was about the same so he revised the price back to $3.29 per watt)

The main concern I have is I have light weight concrete tiles which are easy to break from walking on top of them so my roofer came by before installation and said it is best if he can come back one time during installation to make sure there are no damaged tiles under where panels will go and again after installation so he can change out all the broken tiles and fix any tiles that was affected during installation

Here is the timeline of my install

9/10/2015 - Signed contract, paid $1,000 deposit

9/16/2015 - Installer pulled permit from City of Fremont (Fremont only hand out solar permit on Wednesday)

9/17/2015 - Structure, framing, wiring & inverter installed, need to wait for progress inspection from city as well as my roofer to check up on the work before installation can continue

9/21/2015 - Progress inspection passed, my roofer also came by on 9/18/2015 and said the installer did a good job of changed out damaged tiles under framing so he is satisfied

9/22/2015 - Installer came back to put in optimizers & panels, connect all the wiring and activate the inverter, said installation will take place on 9/28/2015 (Monday)

9/25/2015 - Installer came back again to put on warning labels, paint conduits to meet city code and did their own final inspection, paid $12,000 since their work is now done

9/28/2015 - Final inspection passed, PG&E application submitted, received several e-mail during the week fro PG&E to update NEM progress

10/5/2015 - E-Mail Confirmation from PG&E that our NEM is now a go and received final invoice from installer, send out balance of the invoice which is about $1,800

Overall, I am very satisfied with my installer, they did a good job of making sure tiles under critical area are either not damaged or changed out and my installer had no problem showing me how to activate the system and config both LAN and zigbee for online monitoring setup so I can troubleshoot the system in the future
            Good progress. Way faster than mine, but I can not complain since my city inspector is quite of hard on everything. Total I have 4 inspections and follow up. My NEM was submitted on 10/7. I guess next week I should have the go from PG&E .... I guess $3.3/w is a new standard Congrats ... As equipment price drop, he also drops the price. I have change my electrical plan couple times and he did without complain. but city inspector does not like it and request to change to the original plan . EV car charger install is perfect today and very clean even it is unexpected job as the contract is just to connect a plug and I do the charger wiring myself. My car is now charging super fast ... I love it

Comment

• almaden
              • Oct 2015

Could you pm me your installer? Thank you!

Comment

• BayareaAnu
                • Mar 2016

I know the thread is 5 from months ago, but could you pm me your installer as well please?

Comment

• sensij
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Sep 2014

The installer is listed in this thread.
                  CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Working...