X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • praveen375
    • May 2015

8.4 kW Canadian Solar System Las Vegas

Hi folks,

In the process of getting bids for a 8.4 kW roof system here in sunny Las Vegas. Just got a quote from a reputable dealer for the following:

31 x CS6P 255 panels
    Solaredge SE 7600 inverter

FInal price before incentives: $34,185. Works out to be >$4 per installed watt which seems pretty expensive. Of course this is before any negotiation but was hoping to get some idea of what the usual costs of such systems in Las Vegas are currently. Thanks in advance.
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by praveen375
    Hi folks,

In the process of getting bids for a 8.4 kW roof system here in sunny Las Vegas. Just got a quote from a reputable dealer for the following:

31 x CS6P 255 panels
    Solaredge SE 7600 inverter

FInal price before incentives: $34,185. Works out to be >$4 per installed watt which seems pretty expensive. Of course this is before any negotiation but was hoping to get some idea of what the usual costs of such systems in Las Vegas are currently. Thanks in advance.
    You ought to be able to get closer to $3.50/Watt.

Comment

• ardiemus
      • Jun 2015

same boat, I'm in NLV

I have 6 bids on my install, im about to pull the trigger on who in the next couple days. who is the contractor? None of my bids were with Canada Solar panels. My system should be around 11kw.

Comment

• vegasbrad
        • May 2015

shopping / living in vegas for Solar

I'm shopping for solar in Las Vegas too. One of my customers turned me onto this forum ( I build Electric vehicle charging stations and sell them online) I got a quote from Solar****ty last year, they wanted a little over 5/watt installed bunch of crooks. Then I find out they pay their installers $10-12/hr. Their told to "sell if you want a better paycheck" pure unadulterated greed by the owners/management. So even if their price was better morally I can't do biz with them.
        I got a referral today from another customer for I'm having their rep out to the house tomorrow, will see what they offer. I found and that's cool they offer gear and you can install it but when i search to see if their legit, reviews, anything, I come up short. I'm looking for a legit company with fair prices in Las Vegas.

Mod note I removed links, no links to installers please, you can find installer reviews on our site sponsors www.solarreviews.com, thanks
        Last edited by solar pete; 06-04-2015, 03:55 AM. Reason: links

Comment

• thejq
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by J.P.M.
          FWIW +1 on $3.5/W

If you did you research and know exactly what you need when you call, most of the time, you get a little better pricing.
          16xLG300N1C+SE6000[url]http://tiny.cc/ojmxyx[/url]

Comment

• ardiemus
            • Jun 2015

work them hard

Just when I think they've hit bottom price i has an installer drop $6000 to be competitive. now waiting for 1 of the 3 still in the running to give another "final" offer. This soft offer is $ 30k for a 18500kw/yr svstem.

it pays to shop.

Comment

• praveen375
              • May 2015

Originally posted by ardiemus
              Just when I think they've hit bottom price i has an installer drop $6000 to be competitive. now waiting for 1 of the 3 still in the running to give another "final" offer. This soft offer is $ 30k for a 18500kw/yr svstem.

it pays to shop.
              My quote was with XXXX. They have since dropped their quote to 28k. But yours bids seems very competitive. If you wouldn't mind PM'ing or sharing - would much appreciate it. I will share who all I got quotes from. Thanks

Comment

• praveen375
                • May 2015

Originally posted by J.P.M.
                Thanks. Getting much better with the offers now. Between 3.25-3.5. Looks like there are even better deals out there based on the success of fellow forumer ardiemus.

Comment

• praveen375
                  • May 2015

Originally posted by vegasbrad
                  I'm shopping for solar in Las Vegas too. One of my customers turned me onto this forum ( I build Electric vehicle charging stations and sell them online) I got a quote from Solar****ty last year, they wanted a little over 5/watt installed bunch of crooks. Then I find out they pay their installers $10-12/hr. Their told to "sell if you want a better paycheck" pure unadulterated greed by the owners/management. So even if their price was better morally I can't do biz with them.
                  I got a referral today from another customer for I'm having their rep out to the house tomorrow, will see what they offer. I found and that's cool they offer gear and you can install it but when i search to see if their legit, reviews, anything, I come up short. I'm looking for a legit company with fair prices in Las Vegas.

Mod note I removed links, no links to installers please, you can find installer reviews on our site sponsors www.solarreviews.com, thanks
                  Hi VegasBrad, if you find the legit company with fair prices - do let us know! Thanks

Comment

• vegasbrad
                    • May 2015

Originally posted by praveen375

Hi VegasBrad, if you find the legit company with fair prices - do let us know! Thanks
                    Will do...so far I haven't found anyone yet

Comment

• Kendalf
                      • Feb 2018

Even after three years??

Comment

• vegasbrad
                        • May 2015

Yes I've been looking on and off and everyone I talk to wants to over charge me and is a Hard Sell making for a very uncomfortable situation claiming that their system is better than everybody else's and if I don't sign today I'm not going to get in on the greatest deal since sliced bread at 5 plus dollars per watt installed (roll eyes) the whole industry awards pushy salespeople.

It's very hard to find quality contractors in Las Vegas We bought 5 new cars here and 3 were bad experiences we've dealt with two different flooring places as of recently both bad experiences, I've dealt with multiple auto shops, two were good and a couple were horrible damaging one of our vehicles and not taking responsibility for it, Vegas is just hard place to find good people.

Comment

• vegasbrad
                          • May 2015

At this rate I think I should just do it myself so the next stop is to figure out who offers the best deal / quality for do-it-yourselfers on gear

Comment

• Mr4btTahoe
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by vegasbrad
                            At this rate I think I should just do it myself so the next stop is to figure out who offers the best deal / quality for do-it-yourselfers on gear
                            Check out Renvu.com

I just ordered all of my gear from them... 9.2kw in panels... 7.7kw SMA inverter... wiring, labeling, racking, etc... $8900 shipped across country. You are much closer to them so shipping may be cheaper. Good guys to work with and everything arrived in a timely fashion.

Comment

• JSchnee21
                              Solar Fanatic
                              • May 2017

Check out Energy Sage for reviews on legit installers. Unless labor is really expensive in NV, I would think you should be pretty close to $3/W with Solar Edge. Less with a string inverter.

Comment

Working...