Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7320W LG - Solar Edge system going in La Costa - Carlsbad

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to drop a note and thank the "Solar Panel Talk" forum for all the knowledge (and opinions) to help me select a system. I have been a lurker for about a year, but took "too long" to pull the trigger due to other priorities... finally got around to it!

It should be getting installed around mid April (assuming permits / HOA approvals come through on time) so now the fun waiting period begins...

System will have 24 x LG305N1C-B3 panels w/ SE7600A Inverter / P400 Optimizers...

Once again, thanks... and I'll keep the board updated on the install/initial production for comparison purposes... I found that info valuable, and I hope the rest do as well.

Cheers
    BMak

What's the estimated final cost per watt?

Comment

Originally posted by DanKegel View Post
      What's the estimated final cost per watt?
      I should have mentioned that knowing the questions here....

The install should be pretty clean on a concrete s-tile roof only 3 years old, no panel upgrades needed.

So $3.40 /w before any subsidy...

Cheers
      BMak

Comment

Originally posted by makarowski View Post
        I should have mentioned that knowing the questions here....

The install should be pretty clean on a concrete s-tile roof only 3 years old, no panel upgrades needed.

So $3.40 /w before any subsidy...

Cheers
        BMak
        Thanx or the info. I'd be interested in any feedback on county/vendor/HOA issues that pop up.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post
          Thanx or the info. I'd be interested in any feedback on county/vendor/HOA issues that pop up.

Regards,
          I should find out next week on the HOA: they meet on the second Thursday of each month to review "architectural changes" ...

and on the vendor, after I selected them, I saw that they were the installer for my neighbors system (who had selected someone else, but contracted out to my installer). Looks like I got a decent deal because I am working "direct". Their install looked pretty good and clean, so looking positive so far....

Cheers
          BMak

Comment

I should find out next week on the HOA: they meet on the second Thursday of each month to review "architectural changes" ...

and on the vendor, after I selected them, I saw that they were the installer for my neighbors system (who had selected someone else, but contracted out to my installer). Looks like I got a decent deal because I am working "direct". Their install looked pretty good and clean, so looking positive so far....

Cheers
            BMak
            Thank you.

Comment

Cool. Just north of you and our LG system has been up since November and loving it. The LG panels look good. The only issues were ran into is our city required engineering calcs, but typical of them. Still all in all from signing contract to constructions start was about 6 weeks. HOA approval should be easy unless you are doing something weird like mounting them to the front of your home.

Comment

LG + Solaredge For Me Too

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to drop a note and thank the "Solar Panel Talk" forum for all the knowledge (and opinions) to help me select a system. I have been a lurker for about a year, but took "too long" to pull the trigger due to other priorities... finally got around to it!

It should be getting installed around mid April (assuming permits / HOA approvals come through on time) so now the fun waiting period begins...

System will have 24 x LG305N1C-B3 panels w/ SE7600A Inverter / P400 Optimizers...

Once again, thanks... and I'll keep the board updated on the install/initial production for comparison purposes... I found that info valuable, and I hope the rest do as well.

Cheers
                BMak
                Looks like your proposed setup is quite similar to ericf1's 7.2kw setup, except you are going with the LG305's & SE P400's. I am in the process of "converting" my plans from an earlier proposed LG300A1C based array to an LG300N1C-B3/SE P300/SE7600 array as well. Unlike you and Eric, I am going with an Ironridge ground-mount system, as my roof is too small & heavily shaded. I have some shading from trees on the edges of my 1.2 acre site, but I will be able to prune ( thin ) out a good part of the foliage. My project will be about 80% DIY ( bucket item ), with the other 20% being a contracted MAJOR load-center & branch circuit upgrade ( property build stages were 1947, 1952 & 1954 ). I am currently doing the detailed drawing prep ( Draftsite ), & expect to submit copies of the package to the local SCE planner & L.A. County Building Dept. in about a month. I too have been lurking on this forum for about a year, & have "stolen" loads of good information from the forum contributors.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillsider View Post
                  LI am in the process of "converting" my plans from an earlier proposed LG300A1C based array to an LG300N1C-B3/SE P300/SE7600 array
                  Why did you switch from LG300A1C to LG300N1C-B3?
                  (Edit: aha, the A1C has the built-in inverters. Never mind...)
                  What's the price difference?

How do you plan to get light to the back side of the Neon panels, and how much of a performance boost do you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by DanKegel View Post
                    How do you plan to get light to the back side of the Neon panels, and how much of a performance boost do you expect?
                    Even without having them mounted so that incident light hits the back they're still going to produce 300W (or 305W for the 305 version)
                    Probably that's enough reason to use it.

Personally i went with 280's because it was $280/panel, while 300's were $360 (or $400+) per panel. And the 7% increase in power didn't make sense to pay a significant price premium for.

Comment

Originally posted by foo1bar View Post
                      Even without having them mounted so that incident light hits the back they're still going to produce 300W (or 305W for the 305 version)
                      Probably that's enough reason to use it.

Personally i went with 280's because it was $280/panel, while 300's were $360 (or $400+) per panel. And the 7% increase in power didn't make sense to pay a significant price premium for.
                      +1 . FWIW, what I've been writing for awhile now.

Comment

Just updating everyone on my progress...

City Permits and HOA approvals in hand now.... not bad since I signed the solar contract mid Feb...

Install is now planned for mid April ... so moving along nicely...

Cheers
                        BMak

Comment

not an April fool's joke, but Installers arrived today and have started on the install.

Faster than I expected, since I only signed the contract Feb 13th.

Cheers
                          BMak

Comment

not an April fool's joke, but Installers arrived today and have started on the install.

Faster than I expected, since I only signed the contract Feb 13th.

Cheers
                            BMak
                            Suggestion: Get on the roof and watch/take pictures. Just stay out of the way.

Comment

Yeah! When I get mine done, I'm going to try to do a time-lapse movie
                              (there's an app for that

Comment

Working...
                              X