X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sensij
    Solar Fanatic
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Carl_NH

So we are loosing 4-5 KW a day or roughly 100KW month due to clipping. Now the interesting thing is every other SE Inverter than the SE6000 has a 10-15% over the rated AC output capability.
    Extrapolating performance in March to the rest of the year is faulty. For panels mounted close to latitude tilt, this is the best performing time of year, since the temps are cool and the angle of incidence is best. Summertime will probably produce more on a raw kWh basis since the days are longer, but if you are looking for peak kW, this is the time of year to see it.
    CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• Carl_NH
      Solar Fanatic
      • Sep 2014

Sensij

Our array is on 38* angle and azimuth 211* and we are in NH. I understand it's about perfect for production this time of year.

As I mentioned in my edited post, we are planning to build another house with a 6KW system in 2 years and I will swap inverters at that time..

Lesson learned.

Thanks

Carl

Comment

• sensij
        Solar Fanatic
        • Sep 2014

Especially with a couple years of panel fouling / degradation, a 7.6 kW inverter on a 7.2 kW system is a probably not worth the extra cost. Lots more lessons to learn!

Comment

• halemo1970
          • Mar 2015

I'm new here

Hi
          I'm new here & want to learn about installing my own solar system
          thanks for all

Comment

• SunEagle
            Super Moderator
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by sensij
            Especially with a couple years of panel fouling / degradation, a 7.6 kW inverter on a 7.2 kW system is a probably not worth the extra cost. Lots more lessons to learn!
            You also have to figure in the circuit breaker size for the pv system will be larger for the 7.6kw inverter and may be too big for the Main Panel buss capacity. Going with that 6kw inverter may clip some of the panel generation but can be used on most house panels without needing to de-rate the main CB.

Comment

• sensij
              Solar Fanatic
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Poway
              Two quotes I received noted that the P300 was being discontinued. One of the quotes originally said P300 but was updated to P400 with no cost change due to P300 being discontinued (so I think it is probably really being discontinued)
              Turns out that our guesses on SolarEdge's product mix were wrong. They've just launched the P320, with the same MPPT range as the P300 but the ability to handle higher input current. This is clearly the most appropriate optimizer for the higher power 60 cell panels that are starting to show up in the market. What it means for the future of the P300 is unclear, but it suggests that they don't see the P400 as the most optimal product for those panels.

It also looks like the -2 series (NEMA 4 rated) of optimizers is being discontinued in favor of the -5 series with better NEMA 6 rating, which is consistent with what my installer told me about the availability of different optimizer sku's.

Comment

• 12CV2
                • Mar 2015

SOLAREDGE INCREASES POWER LEVEL ON ITS FAMILY OF POWER OPTIMIZERS
                SolarEdge announces the new P320 Power Optimizer. This Power Optimizer has been designed specifically for the latest high power 60-cell modules being release over the course of 2015. The new P320 supports 60-cell modules up to 320Wp with a short circuit current (lsc) of up to 11amps.

Their website hasn't been updated yet except for posting the updated datasheet. Looks like it could be a while until are widely available although not many panels on the market that would require them. I guess when LG eventually launches their 310/315/320W panels, these will be ready.

Comment

Working...