X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Folks -- I'm also interested in hearing about installers you've had success with in San Diego. I've been doing my research on here (after following thejq's referral from piggington!) and got my first quote tonight, but it came in around the $4 market which seems high -- particularly for a 44 panel system as I understand the price goes down somewhat as the systems get larger.

I am in Encinitas.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by sd70 View Post
      Hi Folks -- I'm also interested in hearing about installers you've had success with in San Diego. I've been doing my research on here (after following thejq's referral from piggington!) and got my first quote tonight, but it came in around the $4 market which seems high -- particularly for a 44 panel system as I understand the price goes down somewhat as the systems get larger.

I am in Encinitas.

Thanks in advance!
      Welcome to the forum. If it's normal roof mount, yes, $4/W is pretty high for 44 panels. BTW, that's a massive system you have. Are you running a multifamily unit or a farm or cultivating Cannabis? Sorry had to ask . I will PM you so we can take installer related discussion offline.
      16xLG300N1C+SE6000[url]http://tiny.cc/ojmxyx[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by thejq View Post
        Welcome to the forum. If it's normal roof mount, yes, $4/W is pretty high for 44 panels. BTW, that's a massive system you have. Are you running a multifamily unit or a farm or cultivating Cannabis? Sorry had to ask . I will PM you so we can take installer related discussion offline.
        Yes, normal roof mount. It's a big house, but no grow op - we aren't in Leucadia!

Comment

Originally posted by sd70 View Post
          Yes, normal roof mount. It's a big house, but no grow op - we aren't in Leucadia!
          Ok, check your PM.

Comment

I'm in San Diego's East County, and getting quotes of $4.50 - $6.00/watt. Seems a bit steep considering what some are getting. thejq, if you don't mind sending some more business the your installer, I'd be grateful.

Eric
            24xLG300N+SE7600 [url]http://tiny.cc/n7ucvx[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by ericf1 View Post
              I'm in San Diego's East County, and getting quotes of $4.50 - $6.00/watt. Seems a bit steep considering what some are getting. thejq, if you don't mind sending some more business the your installer, I'd be grateful.

Eric
              Steep doesn't quite describe it. More like waaaaay tooooo high.

Comment

Unless it's a difficult install eg. many small roofs, panel upgrade, small system etc., $4 is a little high in SD IMO.

PM sent.

Comment

Unless it's a difficult install eg. many small roofs, panel upgrade, small system etc., $4 is a little high in SD IMO.

PM sent.
                  Thanks. It's a pretty basic install, I guess I look like I'm made of money or something...
                  24xLG300N+SE7600 [url]http://tiny.cc/n7ucvx[/url]

Comment

Hi everybody,

Great forum, a lot of helpful info. Thank you all.
                    Few months ago I got quote for simple install of 3.5kW system. The price was ridiculous $6/W, so I dropped the idea of go solar. After reading your forum I decided to reconsider.

thejq, J.P.M.:

Could you please PM me your installer information? I am in 92082.
                    thejq: I am considering exact 4.8kW system as yours.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by peter8 View Post
                      Hi everybody,

Few months ago I got quote for simple install of 3.5kW system. The price was ridiculous $6/W, so I dropped the idea of go solar. After reading your forum I decided to reconsider.

thejq, J.P.M.:

Thanks a lot.
                      Peter8: PM sent. Don't do anything rash. More later.

Comment

Originally posted by peter8 View Post
                        Hi everybody,

thejq, J.P.M.:

Thanks a lot.
                        $6? really? You definitely called the wrong installer. PM sent.

Comment

Hello, Gingeryu or thejg would you PM your installers. I am also on the less than 10 posts list. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by solarjmp View Post
                            Hello, Gingeryu or thejg would you PM your installers. I am also on the less than 10 posts list. Thanks.
                            Are you trying to squeeze the installation in before year end? It's getting pretty close. This time of the year is normally busy for everyone. I will PM you shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeryu View Post
                              We got referral prices which saves us a lot of time by avoiding back and forth negotiations. For your reference, the price is about 3.52 per DC watt for our system.

Good luck
                              Ginger
                              The quote I got from thejq's installer came in at 3.60/W... Not sure why it is a bit higher for me... Sales guy even said it's the lowest he is authorized to give... Hmm...

Comment

Working...
                              X