X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raja3
    • Oct 2014

Help me decide on these bay area quotes

I have several quotes from Solar Panel installers in the bay area. Hoping to get some help in picking one -

Solar City panels? - 3.25 kw - $5.10/watt
    Sunpower SPR245, SMA inverter - 2.695 kw - $4.995/watt - good reviews
    Solar world panels, SMA inverter - 3.92 kw - $4.71/watt - so-so reviews
    REC panels, SMA inverter - 3.64 kw - $4.39/watt - newer installer
    Canadian solar, Enphase M215 inverter - 3.75 kw - $4.02/watt - good reviews

I am inclined to go with the lowest price installer, but wondering if I should pick the installer just above that in price?

I am also waiting for a quote from an installer I found on this forum. He said he would come in at the low $4/watt range. He called the Canadian Solar panels "Chinese made" implying they weren't as good as the Mitsubishi panels he was going to quote.

I appreciate any advice

Thanks,
    raja
  • chunglau
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by raja3
    I have several quotes from Solar Panel installers in the bay area. Hoping to get some help in picking one -

I am inclined to go with the lowest price installer, but wondering if I should pick the installer just above that in price?

I am also waiting for a quote from an installer I found on this forum. He said he would come in at the low $4/watt range. He called the Canadian Solar panels "Chinese made" implying they weren't as good as the Mitsubishi panels he was going to quote.

I appreciate any advice

Thanks,
    raja
    Wonder why the power varies so much in your quotes. The $/W number depends on the output power, as well as the roof type, especially for relatively small installations. I am in the same boat, and I got slightly lower quotes than yours.

Comment

• ButchDeal
      Solar Fanatic
      • Apr 2014

I appreciate any advice

Thanks,
      raja
      Canadian Solar is "Chinese made" but is pretty high in the quality range.
      OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• J.P.M.
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

I appreciate any advice

Thanks,
        raja
        I'd suggest reading prior threads for info on equal annual output/installed kW, quality, pricing and the importance of a reputable installer. FWIW, your pricing seems a bit high compared to some o0thers in the Bay area.

Comment

• dat
          • Oct 2014

I appreciate any advice

Thanks,
          raja
          I do not know the price at 3.75kW. My installer quoted me $3.51/watt for 6.12kW (24 X 255) and $3.38/watt for 7.14kW (28 X 255).

Comment

Working...