X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newe70
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by silversaver
    Depends on installer / AND owner's input.

The EV conduit run from one side to another hidden behind rain gutters. Things can be done with addition supervision/$$$$.
    Wow...this is a really clean installation.

Comment

• propman07
      • Sep 2015

Alisobob

Dang....that is a nice installation.

I noticed a few screenshots from some sort of solar production website. Did that come with your system, and if so, what's it called?
      - David

Comment

• Alisobob
        Banned
        • Sep 2014

Enphase made the micro inverters... they also supplied the monitoring system. Its called "Enlighten". It works very well...

I've had solar for 11 months.. I could not be more happy with its value, reliability, and invisibility.

Comment

• propman07
          • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Alisobob
          Enphase made the micro inverters... they also supplied the monitoring system. Its called "Enlighten". It works very well...

I've had solar for 11 months.. I could not be more happy with its value, reliability, and invisibility.
          Thanks for the info....system looks really nice. Good job, and thanks for sharing all of your helpful information.
          - David

Comment

• Alisobob
            Banned
            • Sep 2014

No worries..... we're all here to help.

Comment

• Alisobob
              Banned
              • Sep 2014

solar123.JPG

Well, here I am in month 11 of my 12 month relevancy period. I have produced ( or consumed) a credit each and every month, but this one.

A full 11 months of nearly 24x7 air conditioned bliss, for $80, as of today. I'll take that.

I might pull a $20 or so credit this month, which will leave me owing SCE $60 for the year... instead of having to have paid them around $3200 for the year.

My $15k investment divided by $3k in savings = a 5 year payback, with 20+ years of production remaining.

I love solar...

Comment

• solar pete
                Administrator
                • May 2014

[ATTACH]7851[/ATTACH]

Well, here I am in month 11 of my 12 month relevancy period. I have produced ( or consumed) a credit each and every month, but this one.

A full 11 months of nearly 24x7 air conditioned bliss, for $80, as of today. I'll take that.

I might pull a $20 or so credit this month, which will leave me owing SCE $60 for the year... instead of having to have paid them around $3200 for the year.

My $15k investment divided by $3k in savings = a 5 year payback, with 20+ years of production remaining.

I love solar...
                me to .........go solar,................ thanks Alisobob this is a great thread man. Cheers

Comment

• sensij
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Sep 2014

[ATTACH]7851[/ATTACH]

I love solar...
                  Keep in mind that as a high consumer, as rate reform progresses your electricity bill might actually have fallen even without solar. Glad you are happy with it though, and even if the payback is somewhat longer than you are estimating, it still looks like you'll come out way ahead.

If you get a moment, you might want to contact your installer and suggest they set up a free Solarreviews.com page (I noticed they aren't listed). With the new installer-sharing policy, a direct link to that page can be posted in the forum, making it easier for others to find and work with them (instead of relying on PM's). Assuming you aren't here to fish for referrals, of course.
                  CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• gvl
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Mar 2015

Then there is the grid access fee for solar customers they might be able to push through, numbers as high as $10 per solar kW eventually have been tossed around. Based on what we know so far you can't just use your 2015 data to project payback with any kind of certainty.

Comment

• silversaver
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Jul 2013

My net cost for 7.1kW Bosch is less than $14k. It covers my home 100% + 2 EVs. I'm in my 10th month of net metering. My bill? I'm having problem use up my credits lol

ROI? If you included the 2 EVs at average of 12k and 15k miles each per year. It is way too soon....
                      Attached Files

Comment

• sensij
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by gvl
                        Then there is the grid access fee for solar customers they might be able to push through, numbers as high as $10 per solar kW eventually have been tossed around. Based on what we know so far you can't just use your 2015 data to project payback with any kind of certainty.
                        The grid access fee can not apply to NEM 1.0 customers, unless it is disguised in a monthly minimum or fixed charge. Text from the NEM tariff:

Except for Customers utilizing a Multiple Tariff Generating Facility that includes one or more Non-Renewable Electrical Generating Facilities, Customers eligible for service under this Schedule are exempt from: (1) any new or additional charges not included in their Otherwise Applicable Tariff (OAT), and (2) Standby Charges (Schedules S, TOU-8-S, or TOU-8-RTP-S)
                        But yes, for what its worth, the monthly minimum for EV-A has increased from $0.93 to $10 as of Sept 1.

Comment

• Solarfordummy
                          • Sep 2015

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5015[/ATTACH]

End of day two progress.....

The south facing roof (where the panels will be installed) has come off completely, some vents were relocated, all 100% repapered, rack mounts lagged in and tiles going back down. Sparky has run the attic conduit for the panels and put a subpanel in the garage so if / when my wife trades in the Tahoe for a Tesla or other EV.... were ready.

Monday is a inspection, then on to the actual install later next week. I'll keep you all posted!

Things are moving right along....

Alisobob,
                          Would you please PM me the installer infor? Thanks.

Comment

• gvl
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by sensij
                            The grid access fee can not apply to NEM 1.0 customers, unless it is disguised in a monthly minimum or fixed charge.
                            Thanks, this is somewhat reassuring.

But yes, for what its worth, the monthly minimum for EV-A has increased from $0.93 to $10 as of Sept 1.
                            You mean TOU-D-A? Does it mean I have to pay it every month even if I have enough credits to cover it? Since May my production produced more than $10 in monthly credits even for months when I was net consumer, my bill was like $2-$3 each month.

Comment

• sensij
                              Solar Fanatic
                              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by gvl
                              You mean TOU-D-A? Does it mean I have to pay it every month even if I have enough credits to cover it? Since May my production produced more than $10 in monthly credits even for months when I was net consumer, my bill was like $2-$3 each month.
                              Yes, TOU-D-A, sorry. The minimum bill can not be paid by net metering credits. The CA climate credit will cover some of it...

Comment

• gvl
                                Solar Fanatic
                                • Mar 2015

Yes, TOU-D-A, sorry. The minimum bill can not be paid by net metering credits. The CA climate credit will cover some of it...
                                Bummer, oh well, chances are it will get worse with time...

Comment

Working...