Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for help to convert my pool pump to solar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for help to convert my pool pump to solar.

Hey so I am new to the solar community. I want to set up my pool pump to be completely solar. I live in upstate ny but i have a lot of sun where i am. I am going to purchase a new Ecopump 1HP, 230 volt, 1.4 amp draw,322 watts. These are all while the pump is in circulation. I will only run the pump during the day on a 12 hour timer. I am not opposed to having a battery. I can't find a complete kit, only installers. Im very electrical savvy so wiring won't be a problem. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Originally posted by ybbob123 View Post
    Hey so I am new to the solar community. I want to set up my pool pump to be completely solar. I live in upstate ny but i have a lot of sun where i am. I am going to purchase a new Ecopump 1HP, 230 volt, 1.4 amp draw,322 watts. These are all while the pump is in circulation. I will only run the pump during the day on a 12 hour timer. I am not opposed to having a battery. I can't find a complete kit, only installers. Im very electrical savvy so wiring won't be a problem. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
    For a 6 mo. season at best in upstate NY, solar for a pump alone may not be a viable choice from a cost standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by ybbob123 View Post
      First off you will not be able to run that pump for 12 hours without any batteries because even though the sun is out your panels will probably only produce (if sized properly) for about 4 to 5 hours max in the Summer and a lot less in the Winter.

Also why go with the expense of using solar for a short swimming season? If you want to save money just go with that variable speed Ecopump powered connected to the house power. Depending on how much you currently run a standard pump it can save you money.

Comment

Working...
      X