X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soleeva
    • Aug 2014

Soleeva - Energy For Everyone - Bay Area, CA

Hello!

At Soleeva, we strive to make a difference in people's lives through innovative panels, home automation, and energy efficiency programs with our partnership with PG&E. We provide comprehensive energy solutions that integrate innovative technology with modern upgrades to existing home infrastructures. Imagine having unlimited electricity and unlimited hot water for your home or business - and never having to worry about rising energy costs.

Like our Facebook page to receive regular updates and informational posts! We don't bite, promise!

For detailed information, please click on the “more” tab in the top right corner of the Facebook page.

Thanks!

---Mod Note: We do bite. Any commercial advertising, including links to commercial pages unless illustrating specific products, is allowed, but only if you make an arrangement with user Jason to pay for them.
    Sorry. You are welcome to share in discussion of member questions and answers though.
    For the moment, I am just removing the link. Please do not push your luck.
    Last edited by inetdog; 08-29-2014, 07:55 PM. Reason: Link removed
  • Bikerscum
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jul 2014

Buh bye.
    6k LG 300, 16S, 2E, 2W, Solaredge P400s and SE5000

Comment

• Soleeva
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Bikerscum
      Buh bye.
      Why?

Comment

• inetdog
        Super Moderator
        • May 2012

Originally posted by Soleeva
        Why?
        See Mod Note in your first post.
        SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• JCP
          Solar Fanatic
          • Mar 2014

Originally posted by inetdog
          See Mod Note in your first post.
          I was curious, so I looked. It seems that their angle is to have the solar panels water cooled, so that the solar panel also acts as a water heater. What do people think here?

Comment

• J.P.M.
            Solar Fanatic
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by JCP
            I was curious, so I looked. It seems that their angle is to have the solar panels water cooled, so that the solar panel also acts as a water heater. What do people think here?
            In theory, not bad and been around for awhile. In practice, maybe some application for pool heating. On balance, probably more potential problems than benefits given the current state of the art.

Comment

• russ
              Solar Fanatic
              • Jul 2009

Water cooled panel? Nothing new and rejected by all that have tried it. Water cooled concentrators are out there as well - they do make more sense though they are expensive.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• inetdog
                Super Moderator
                • May 2012

Originally posted by J.P.M.
                In theory, not bad and been around for awhile. In practice, maybe some application for pool heating. On balance, probably more potential problems than benefits given the current state of the art.
                The basic thermodynamic problem is that to transfer heat to water effectively, the panel needs to be at a relatively high temperature, while to produce PV energy most effectively the panel needs to be at a relatively low temperature.
                As J.P.M. noted, possibly good for pool water heating but totally useless for domestic hot water (DHW) or space heating applications.

Comment

• russ
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Jul 2009

The basic thermodynamic problem is that to transfer heat to water effectively, the panel needs to be at a relatively high temperature, while to produce PV energy most effectively the panel needs to be at a relatively low temperature.
                  As J.P.M. noted, possibly good for pool water heating but totally useless for domestic hot water (DHW) or space heating applications.
                  Until you get to the concentrators - look at Arontis from Sweden http://www.arontis.se/solar/ - neat systems but not cost effective last I checked. You do have to have a consumer for the hot water to even come close to making it economical.

The better site is http://www.absolicon.com/ same company
                  Last edited by russ; 08-30-2014, 03:34 AM. Reason: added absolicon URL
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• foo1bar
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Aug 2014

I looked at their web pages, and as far as I can tell they don't actually sell anything yet.

I thought maybe this would be a good solution for me... I'm planning on removing solar thermal panels (pool heat) and putting up solar PV modules. If I could get the pool heat at the same time as getting electric, I'd be very interested. And they're even local - only 2.5 miles from my house.
                    But no product for sale, and not listed on the gosolarcalifornia.com website, so not eligible for rebates.

Comment

• russ
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by foo1bar
                      I looked at their web pages, and as far as I can tell they don't actually sell anything yet.But no product for sale, and not listed on the gosolarcalifornia.com website, so not eligible for rebates.
                      You mean Soleeva? That one is a joke. Not even a good joke. For a flat PV panel the cooling doesn't make a lot of difference - unless you live in Death Valley. Then hot water is the last of your problems I suppose.
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• inetdog
                        Super Moderator
                        • May 2012

Originally posted by russ
                        You mean Soleeva? That one is a joke. Not even a good joke. For a flat PV panel the cooling doesn't make a lot of difference - unless you live in Death Valley. Then hot water is the last of your problems I suppose.
                        The panels could be used to get radiative cooling to the clear night sky to produce cool water. For those who are disconcerted to see their toilet steam when they flush it.

Comment

• russ
                          Solar Fanatic
                          • Jul 2009

The panels could be used to get radiative cooling to the clear night sky to produce cool water. For those who are disconcerted to see their toilet steam when they flush it.
                          I was stationed on the John R Perry DDE 1034 in 68/69. The overboard drains from the XO's loo were connected to the drains from the evaps - there were explicit instructions issued after a new XO came on board and used the loo the first time. Everyone except the XO thought it was quite funny.
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...